About the Company:
White Ash Group has been engaged by a vertically integrated licensed cannabis cultivation, processing, and consumer packaged goods company to recruit for
their next Senior VP of Marketing.
The company operates five lines of business servicing the domestic and global cannabis industry including: wholesale product distribution, a consumer brands portfolio, a medical marketplace, a full-service medical cannabis clinic, and a retail
We're searching for an experienced and passionate professional to lead the Marketing division in the role of Vice President of Marketing. As the VP of Marketing, you will lead the marketing division and will be responsible for all marketing aspects including, overall strategic direction of marketing, brands, consumer experience, e-commerce, relationship management and product road maps.
As one of the leading cannabis companies in Canada, and one of the very few profitable LPs in the country, you will play a key role in leading the vision and strategy of the Marketing division and shaping the future of our cannabis brands roadmap, translating into an exceptional consumer experience, and resulting in growing our brand and market share across the industry.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be a key member of the leadership team and will represent the company’s values while leading with integrity and a strong passion for the team and consumer experience.
· Responsible for the global vision, strategy and execution of the overall marketing function and operations supporting all lines of business.
· Build cross-functional relationships with Sales, IT, Operations & Supply Chain, ensuring alignment on Marketing strategy and priorities for execution.
· Establish the annual marketing budget in collaboration with the senior management team and execute on annual marketing strategy to increase growth under projected budget allocation.
· Develop all marketing KPI’s and tracking systems to measure marketing and brand performance success against KPI targets.
· Responsible for the global brand(s) and product roadmap related to each brand and the national distribution strategy and promotion including oversight of the provincial product listing process.
· Develop and manage marketing strategies that drive growth across key lines of business while navigating within a highly regulated industry framework, and by leveraging analytics and data to track effective marketing campaigns, identify key trends and maximize opportunities to grow profitability.
· Lead all PR initiatives to increase company awareness amongst industry peers including investors, partners, suppliers, consumers, journalists and other industry experts.
· Assist with investor relation activities including drafting impactful PR communications, providing insightful market data including but not limited to creating presentations and reports to support business needs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· A proven track record with at least 10+ years of progressive leadership in marketing and ecommerce, with the last five years working at a senior level in the organization.
· Must have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or other related fields; an MBA would be an asset.
· Extensive experience running a Marketing department for a medium to large CPG business with a proven success record.
· Previous work experience in regulated industries such as Cannabis, CPG or Pharma is preferred with extensive knowledge of the Canadian Cannabis Act and current marketing regulations would be an asset.
· Strong business acumen and ability to solve complex business issues with relevant marketing solutions.
· Exceptional digital and analytical skills supported by your marketing management experience.
· Must have strong proficiency using Microsoft 365 suite (Teams, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and ability to leverage required tools supporting the Marketing functions.
· Exceptional communication and relationship building skills and ability to serve as an ambassador for the organization with a track record of hiring, leading, and training high-performance teams.
· Excellent leadership skills with a passion for driving employee engagement and development with the innate ability to navigate change in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
Compensation and Benefits:
· Highly competitive compensation program including competitive base salary, quarterly performance bonuses, and participation in the company employee stock option program (ESOP).
· A robust health benefits package including complete health and dental benefits.
· Remote-first workplace culture and 4-weeks of vacation time.
· A diverse and collaborative team of professionals with a collective passion for the cannabis plant and building the next global leader in the industry.
White Ash Group and the companies it represents are Equal Employment Opportunity employers that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.