About the Company:
White Ash Group has been engaged by a fully licensed Cannabis company to recruit for their next Brand Manager.
They operates five lines of business servicing the domestic and global cannabis industry including: wholesale product distribution, a consumer brands portfolio, a medical marketplace, a full-service medical cannabis clinic, and a retail “farm-gate” store.
Reporting to the Director of Brand & Product Strategy this candidate will be responsible for leading the creation and execution of consumer-facing brand and product strategies, and for growing the Company's brand portfolio into an industry leader in brand equity. This position requires a self-starter with a true entrepreneurial spirit, a commitment to detail, fostering strong relationships and a track record of delivering results. The cannabis industry is fast paced, and we need great people to help us continue our success.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Lead the creation of annual brand marketing strategies.
· Monitor the marketplace for competitive activities.
· Contribute to the development and execution of a long-range innovation pipeline.
· Work with the commercialization team to create new product ideas, brand and product specifications, pricing, and sell-in strategies to key customers.
· Manage B2B email and social strategy and execution.
· Work in close collaboration with the sales and commercialization teams to create integrated commercial launch plans for new brands and products.
· Tracking expenses related to brand and trade marketing budget.
· Conduct regular, strategic business reviews to analyze trends, category performance, and identify opportunity areas, and present recommendations to the leadership team and trade partners.
· Develop and execute winning in-store brand strategies and promotions.
· Develop and execute digital and social media tactics in support of brand-building strategies.
· Provided detail analysis of social strategy results and drive social engagement.
· Potential to manage a direct report.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Candidates need minimum 3-5 years experience in a Brand Management in a CPG, Beverage Alcohol, Cannabis, or other related industry
· Clear passion for and solid understanding of cannabis and cannabis-based products
· BA in Marketing, Business, or other related fields; an MBA would be an asset
· Experience with brand building, innovation, commercialization, trade marketing, design, cross-functional team leadership, and leading external agencies to business success
· Experience writing creative briefs, giving detailed and useful creative feedback, and working with designers on creative projects
· Proficiency in using Microsoft 365 suite (Teams, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
· Proficiency in using Adobe suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
· Strong copywriting abilities
· Candidate must provide a clear criminal record check prior to start date.
· Competitive compensation package
· Bonus Incentive Program
· 3-Weeks Paid Vacation
· Comprehensive health benefits package
White Ash Group and the companies it represents are Equal Employment Opportunity employers that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.