The Buyer will have knowledge of cannabis consumption methods (vaporization, combustion, etc.) and popular brands in cannabis and cannabis-adjacent categories. The Buyer will be responsible for managing day-to-day purchasing activities that all drive towards the organization’s strategic goals: enhanced sales, enhanced margins, and a world-class customer experience.
- The Buyer will have knowledge of cannabis consumption methods (vaporization, combustion, et al.) and popular brands in cannabis and cannabis-adjacent categories.
- The Buyer will be responsible for managing day-to-day purchasing activities that all drive towards the organization's strategic goals: enhanced sales, enhanced margins, and customer satisfaction.
- Works with online store operations and regional buyers to craft localized assortments and sales forecasts to drive profitability.
- Creates purchasing strategies that correlate to the financial goals of the online/physical stores.
- Develops strong relationships with suppliers of devices required to consume cannabis products.
- Partners closely with internal brand marketing teams on the development of apparel and other categories for sale on our online store (and dispensary location)
- Anticipates potential problems and risks; generates ideas, insights, and solutions to resolve potential problems.
- Proposes and executes solutions for issues identified during the analysis of data
- Establishes and maintains a reputation of credibility and responsiveness in the marketplace.
- Elicits critical information from vendors with regard to market trends and current buying activity of competitors and presents findings effectively.
- Responsible for managing the full lifecycle of buying product innovation, vendor meetings, costing negotiations, executive reporting, pricing analysis, promotional calendars, and product exit strategies.
- Responsible for building reports that will include best sellers, promotional expectations, and site/ dispensary performance.
- Audit purchasing processes to create better practices.
- Understands the competitive landscape of the cannabis industry.
- Manage appropriate inventory levels to ensure dispensaries can exceed sales expectations.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience in retail buying, merchandising, or planning
- Strong presentation skills and ability to listen to the opinions of others to help form a cohesive decision.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure when needed.
- Must be a self-starter who likes to solve complex problems.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to gather/analyze data and to work with incomplete information.
- Analytical mindset
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgment, common sense, and resourcefulness.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information.
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must have a solid understanding of the recreational marijuana rules and regulations and a passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in the cannabis industry.
- client is requiring new employees to be fully vaccinated, as defined by the CDC.
White Ash Group and the companies it represents are Equal Employment Opportunity employers that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.