Operating Technician – Job Description
Location: Calgary, AB
Work Type: Full Time SHIFT: Evening/Weekend Fri - Sun 5pm-4am
Reporting to: Facilities Manager
Compensation: Salary + Benefits + Vacation
Internal Relationships: Production, Packaging, and Operations.
White Ash Group is currently recruiting on behalf of a well-known publicly traded, fully licensed Cannabis company based in Calgary, Alberta known for a variety of popular brands and their exceptional company culture.
About the Job:
An Operating technician helps in all aspects of production, machine/Equipment setup, periodic maintenance of equipment and troubleshoots common issues. This work needs to adhere to relevant local and federal guidelines. Daily tasks can include repair and replacement of parts, inspection of new components, and maintaining cleanliness.
- Conducting routine inspections of equipment through everyday activities
- Read, understand and able to comprehend user manuals, as well a production and sanitation forms.
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary
- Participate in setups and cleanups as directed by Production Managers
- Proven maintenance experience
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts
- Ability to check repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices
- Experience performing routine maintenance would be an asset
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Eye for detail
White Ash Group and the companies it represents are Equal Employment Opportunity employers that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.