The Business Analyst will report to the Controller and work closely with the rest of the finance team, facility managers, and commercial team. The Business Analyst will be responsible for budgeting and forecasting and will assist with other accounting and finance duties as assigned. This position is based in our head office in Calgary, Alberta, and is on a hybrid schedule.
Budgets and Forecasts:
- Collaborate with facility managers and the head office stakeholders to gather key data and compile rolling budgets and managerial reports for senior management.
- Provide profitability insights to performances in cultivation and production and provide updated costing assumptions to internal stakeholders.
- Assist with financial model preparation, enhancement, and maintenance around the financial position, revenue, expense, and cash flow management.
- Work closely with facility leaders to monitor budgets and variances monthly.
Accounting and Finance:
- Assist with inventory costing and cost of goods calculations
- Assist with monthly reporting requirements.
- Assist with excise tax reporting.
- Handle ad hoc requests and participate in special projects as needed.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); specifically utilizing Excel for data analysis and modeling.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to convey financial information to stakeholders in other disciplines.
- Thorough analytical and critical thinking skills to perform independent analysis with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload in a dynamic environment.
Education & Experience
- Previous experience in the cannabis industry.
- 5+ years’ experience in a finance or accounting position.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, commerce, business, or finance.
- Preference will be given to candidates with their CPA designation.
- Calgary, AB (Hybrid 2 days home)
- Competitive salary
- Health & dental benefits
- Hybrid work schedule
White Ash Group and the companies it represents are Equal Employment Opportunity employers that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.