The Senior Extraction Tech is responsible for supporting the facility’s extraction department, ensuring compliance with the Cannabis Act and regulations, and good production practices (GPP). The Senior Extraction Tech reports to the Chief Science Officer and is a full-time permanent position based at our facility in Cranbrook, British Columbia.
- Set extraction team schedules to meet production goals.
- Supervise all production activities and ensure that standard operating procedures (SOPs) are followed.
- Maintain accurate inventory of controlled substances (cannabis and ethanol).
- Prepare monthly reports for CRA.
- Purchase production inputs (distillate and biomass), consumables, and replacement equipment as needed.
- Assist the CSO in sensory research trials. This includes volunteer screening, prepare and review all paperwork, compile data, and collaborate on the final written report.
- Maintain a positive working atmosphere and help build team cohesion.
- Perform extraction technician duties (CO2 extraction, winterization, distillation, formulation, etc.) when required.
- Other duties beyond extraction as assigned.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor of Science and/or technical diploma in chemistry, biology, food science, or equivalent field.
- 2+ years of cannabis extraction experience.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Health Canada security clearance and complete a Refrigeration Safety Awareness (RSA) course/certification.
- Previous leadership experience would be an asset.
- Experience with inventory reporting would be an asset.
- Must have technical knowledge, proven people leadership skills, and change management abilities.
- Must be a self-starter with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to perform physical tasks required for an 8-hour shift period, including but not limited to: standing, walking, bending/reaching (repetitive), pushing/pulling, lifting (up to 20 kgs), scrubbing, and squatting.
- Ability to work in environments with warm temperature, humidity, and variable lighting.
- Ability to wear assigned personal protective equipment (PPE) for entire shift including, but not limited to medical-grade gloves, scrubs, safety eyewear, face masks, and hair/beard nets.
- Ability to frequently work with cleaning products including, but not limited to, Green Clean and isopropyl alcohol.
- This position will involve exposure to cannabis/plant materials and is therefore not suitable for anyone that suffers from allergies to cannabis or plant pollen, or for anyone that experiences medical issues such as asthma or hay fever because of exposure to cannabis/plant materials.
- Competitive salary
- Health & dental benefits
- Relocation assistance
White Ash Group and the companies it represents are Equal Employment Opportunity employers that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.