Positions Open: 3
Work Type: Full Time – 40 Hours per week
Shifts Available: 2x QA tech (days - 8am - 5Pm)
1x QC tech (Weekend/Night - Thurs - Sun 4:30pm-3:30am)
Reporting to: Quality Manager
Compensation: Hourly Pay + Benefits + Vacation
Internal Relationships: QA
White Ash Group is currently recruiting on behalf of a well-known publicly traded, fully licensed Cannabis company based in Calgary, Alberta known for a variety of popular brands and their exceptional company culture.
About the Job: The successful Quality Assurance Technician will support the Quality Assurance Manager with testing products across the 3 stages of production to ensure quality levels are met.
· Ensure to conduct Quality checks/ Inspections all stages of production.
· Perform daily pre-operational checks.
· Maintain calibration records of quality control equipment.
· Collecting retention samples and Sending samples out for third party testing and updating sample log
· Monitor plant PPE policy and ensure plant employee following all personal practices.
· Initiates maintain and resolve: ingredient, packaging or product QC hold when needed.
· Ensure that documentation, complaints, deviations, non-conformances, investigations, corrective, and preventative actions, and change control are performed according to quality and regulatory requirements.
· Assist in updating methods and procedures (SOPs) related to production, pest control, building, equipment, packaging, labeling and storage and distribution of cannabis.
· Assists the Quality Assurance Person and QA Manager in managing the Quality Management System.
· Ensures accurate record keeping and filing as per organizational procedures.
· Ensure efficiency of a Quality Management System for all operational activities.
· Monitor process control points and take measures to eliminate deviations.
· Oversee sampling of raw materials and finished goods for testing and retention purposes, when applicable.
· Assist in the investigation and report all suspicious transactions and losses.
· Complete all other tasks related to the position, as assigned by the Quality
· Minimum diploma/Bachelor’s degree in a science related field is required
· Knowledge of cannabis quality metrics is considered an asset
· Experience in GMP environment is an asset
· Experience as a QA/QC Tech in relevant field (Food, Beverage, Alcohol, Pharma, Tobacco, Cannabis)
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· High attention to detail and processes
· Able to work individually or as part of a team
· Able to multi-task efficiently
· Excellent organizational skills
· Able to communicate well across disciplines.
· Works well in a fast-paced environment with changing multiple priorities and frequent
· Efficient with computers and computer programs.
White Ash Group and the companies it represents are Equal Employment Opportunity employers that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.