Are you an aspiring PR candidate with a passion for helping others?
We are currently in search of a PR Manager for American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP). The position is based in New York City, New York. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
LOCATION: NYC, NY
POSITION TITLE: PR Manager
ANNUAL SALARY: $60-65k/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? The PR Manager will support the organization’s public relations program which would include fielding incoming media inquiries, scheduling briefings with AFSP spokespeople and responding to media requests that come to AFSP directly. This position will work closely with contracted PR firm to respond to media requests, support media briefings and monthly media campaigns to inform the general public on mental health and suicide prevention.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· Bachelor’s degree
· 1-3 years’ experience in PR role; some knowledge of mental health space
· Excellent writing, interpersonal and communications skills
· Ability to work in a collaborative, service-oriented atmosphere under pressure and critical deadlines
· Be a creative thinker with communication experience
· Some experience developing and delivering PR campaigns at a national level
· Understanding of media database tools and PR Newswire, experience with Cision is a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Serve as the first point of contact for incoming media relations at national level with support from PR firm
· Work with PR firm to execute monthly media plan based on organization’s strategic goals and objectives
· Write and edit the daily news clips; weekly round-up of clips; track and maintain AFSP journalist relationships
· Prepare media briefing documents and first draft news releases, and support PR firm and content experts to write op-eds, bylined articles and key messaging and talking points
· Provide media interview debriefs, maintain media lists, archive news releases, talking points and relevant research findings
· Provide media and public relations counsel to Chapters; share and track guidance documents for the organization
· Monitor, track and report results of the PR program
· All other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
We’d love to hear from you.
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention has retained Careers In Nonprofits to help with this hire. If you are interested in finding out more, please apply here.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
About Careers In Nonprofits
Careers In Nonprofits is a seven-time award winning Best of Staffing recruiting firm, exclusively serving the nonprofit sector. Since 2006 we have provided temporary, temp to hire, and direct hire services to over 600 nonprofit organizations throughout the US. Our mission is to connect the best people with the best causes. We successfully fulfill this mission by identifying client needs and candidates career goals, matching them through a proven search process that works. For more information, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in