Blackmere’s mission is to connect brilliant people with inspiring opportunity. Since 2011, our commitment to build strong, positive and innovative communities has started right here at home on the Blackmere team. We are dedicated to integrity, innovation and excellence in both recruitment and technology and are constantly iterating, solving problems and empowering internal and external teams to build a better world.
10,000 Foot View:
Our Las Vegas based, Fortune 1000 client is looking for an exceptional Director of Information Security. This is a critical role with responsibility for leading security engineering, operations and architecture nationwide. Ideally, we are looking for a security leader with the experience and the heart of an engineer and the vision of a strategist to lead, mentor and build the security function from engineering and architecture through to strategic security posture.
For those residing in the Las Vegas area, the role will be partially remote (about 2 days in the office) where direct connections with the team and leadership are easily accomplished. We are also able to support fully remote candidates in the following states: Nevada, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
What’s in it for YOU:
- The ability to work with a Fortune 1000 leader in entertainment
- Outstanding team and culture with room to grow
- A blend of remote work and in-office collaboration
- The ability to make a real impact on security strategy with the Executive backing and financial resources you need to get the right job done
- Room to build, develop and manage a Cyber Defense capability encompassing intelligence, Threat Detection and Response that provides timely and credible intelligence of known and anticipated threats
- Outstanding benefits including full medical, unlimited time off and sick days, stock options and equity, wellness perks, and many others
What you will be doing:
- Collaborating directly with the Executive Leadership as well as the Architecture, Infrastructure and Technology teams to review current security systems and recommend enhancements
- Leading security architecture and technology design, where you will identify gaps and recommend security enhancements
- Creating, implementing and refining the security vision for both customers and internal teams
- Building, mentoring and maintaining an informed, inspired, and engaged team of experts
- Creating a culture of learning and data-driven decision making
- Crisply communicating the cyber strategy and risk to the Executive Team and critical customers
- Documenting everything. For real. Our client is highly distributed; asynchronous communication is key
Ideally, you have…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on technical information security experience
- Expert level knowledge of security principles and technologies
- 5+ years hands-on experience designing and implementing a variety of security solutions and technologies across multiple disciplines
- Broad experience with risk and threat assessment methodologies
- Proven ability to weigh business needs against risk and articulate concerns to business leaders
- Minimum five (5) years in supervising staff or leading security teams
- In-depth knowledge of networking infrastructures and protocols across varied vendors, CCNP or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Windows (servers and workstations) with an MCSE or equivalent
Blackmere is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.