Our client is searching for a Principal Engineer to support the custom design of industrial battery applications. This person will lead an engineering team, work with vendors, and keep track of the schedule. The successful candidate is experienced with the latest design and leadership principles. Advance your career in battery technology and apply for this role!
- Communicating the goals of the company to all engineers and professionals in the team.
- Supervising every phase of the project from start to completion.
- Calculating costs, material, labor, and time required for each project.
- Approving designs and budgets.
- Delegating tasks to engineering teams.
- Supervising staff training as well as equipment installation.
- Performing quality control checks on all systems and products.
- Quickly resolving disputes between staff.
- Acknowledging or rewarding good work.
- Analyzing data and drafting reports for review.
- Writing Specifications
- Setup Request for delivery (RFQ) to suppliers
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering field (Master's degree preferable).
- At least 5 years of experience leading or supervising a team.
- A sound understanding of engineering principles.
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude and restore morale to a team.
- The ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to process negative feedback and remain professional.
- The ability to work onsite in our production plants and the office.
- International Travel ability
- Lithium battery systems development, Modules and packs inclusive Battery management system (BMS) and Battery control (BCU) for motor vehicles
- Mechanical design of modules and packs
- Knowledge and experience in work with CAD System
- Electrical design of wire harness and connectors
- Design for in-house mass production
- UL and CE conform design
Engenium is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.