Financial Planner - Assistant Manager - Leeds
Our clients unbiased approach to financial planning sets us apart from other financial planning firms. The Financial Planning team provides impartial, tailored financial planning advice and wealth management, working alongside our Tax and other professional service teams to:
- Business Owner-Managers
- Trustees - Private and Charitable
We are one of the UK's leading, purely fee based, Independent Financial Advisers (IFA). We provide a full range of financial planning services, from financial health checks to advice about investments, pensions, tax planning and employee benefits.
Because we are independent, we are not reliant on commission payments from providers which means our advice is truly unbiased and tailored to clients. As a result, clients only pay for our advice, as they require it. This unbiased approach to financial planning, based solely on a client's circumstances and lifestyle objectives, sets us apart from other financial planning firms.
This is a Manager or Senior Manager appointment to join our Leeds office and work alongside other members of the Leeds Financial Planning team, to deliver a high-quality service to existing clients and assist in winning new clients.
Bringing a complimentary specialism, business network and/or professional connections to the Leeds Financial Planning team is desirable. The goal is to continue to build our Leeds financial planning business, which is on track to turnover £3m of fee income within 4 years.
To increase the profile of the financial planning team within the business and professional community and to contribute in the development of the High Net Worth Private Client offering.
Role & Responsibilities
- Comply with the Training and Competence Scheme
- Management of a portfolio of existing clients, ensuring that planning opportunities are identified and, where appropriate, pursued
- Provide appropriate financial planning advice to all clients, both internally and externally referred clients.
- Be responsible for the delivery of your part in the growth plans for the office
- Continuous development of internal staff relationships
- Maintain an up-to-date technical knowledge of personal tax and financial planning and related matters
- Deal with ad hoc client advisory and planning issues as they arise on the client portfolio
- Involvement in business development of the financial planning proposition within the business and externally
- Increasing the profile of the financial planning offering to the wider business and professional community.
- Other day-to-day responsibilities as determined by the MD
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Diploma qualified as a minimum, ideally Certified Financial Planner and Chartered Financial Planner
- Holds substantial financial planning experience
- Team player with excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Adaptable, organised with a commercial approach
- Ability to exercise judgement and work without close supervision
- Ability to proactively manage existing client relationships and to develop new relationships
- Ability to generate creative solutions to problems
- Ability to act as a positive role model for the business
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of risk management issues
- Ability to contribute to business proposals and to bring business opportunities to the attention of the appropriate member of the team.
- Drive/commitment as would be expected of a senior member of an expanding professional practice