This full time hands-on coding role is an integral servant leader position that will have tremendous impact on this growing organization. The CTO will be responsible for launching v.2 of this platform that has facilitated nearly $4MM to date. There is a significant equity stake in the business for the right candidate. Who We Are
Founded in 2011, Community Funded Enterprises has sought to modernize the way communities connect people, ideas, and resources. Our technology has evolved into an industry leading, B2B SaaS platform that empowers organizations to integrate 21st century digital story-telling into their communities and culture. Known as thought leaders in this exciting space, we have launched well over 40 enterprise crowdfunding platforms, which have helped thousands of people raise millions of dollars for over 500 projects. The Culture
Our company’s mission is to inspire philanthropy. We do this on a daily basis by empowering humans all over the country to share and support stories of positive impact. Every member of our team holds fast to our core values of transparency, collaboration, innovation, community, and empowerment. We each have a deep sense of integrity and honesty. The Job
We are looking for a hands-on Chief Technology Officer to lead the architecture, build, and re-launch of our core technology; a cutting-edge, white-label, crowdfunding platform; Community Funded- Version 2.0This individual will lead the transformation of a mission-driven organization into a world-class technology company. Core Responsibilities
- You will lead the transformation of a mission-driven organization into a world-class technology company.
- Your deep expertise in building cloud-based enterprise software products, and your hands-on architectural and engineering experience will enable us to release a new, simple, elegant CFv.2 that meets the needs of the 21st century global fundraising environment. The re-launch date is January 2018.
- You will work side-by-side with our small engineering team as a contributing member. Your leadership will help them grow personally and professionally. You will function as both a mentor and as a servant-leader.
- Your commitment to a best practice, and test-driven approach, will ensure each new release is well documented, high quality, and on time.
- You will lead hiring efforts and team building as required.
The Required Skills
- A demonstrated ability to scale and optimize best-in-class SaaS software and mobile platforms with experience developing microservice-oriented architecture.
- Extensive experience with a variety of open source technologies and systems that must include (but are not limited to) PHP 7 , NoSQL databases, and Unix/Linux .
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure, including Nginx, AWS, and beyond.
- Strong experience in big data database architecture, algorithms, and analytics.
- Experience in working with, creating, and leveraging API driven technology.
- A true dedication to mentoring your team on SDLC and UX best practices as well as Agile methodology.
- Excellent experience distilling very high level goals into testable and buildable ones.
- Deep background instilling processes that creates predictable, quality code.
- A scrappy approach – you make the most of what you have and you’re proud of it.
- Superb communication skills- both written and verbal.
- An eternal glass-half full, organized and driven approach to the SDLC.
- A true passion for philanthropy and crowdfunding
- An interest in building a disruptive tool in an expanding market
- Strong product development background
- A passion for data driven technologies
- Experience with managing complex RFP’s and excel in client facing situations.
- UX background
- Exposure to Node.js, Angular.js and newer front and back end technologies that may eventually add value to our platform
- Deep appreciation of big data and an ability to help us create new revenue streams from it
- Strong pay and equity package
- Did we mention you’d be working with an amazing team?
- We look forward to hearing from all qualified applicants!
If you are interested please send your resume to careers AT communityfunded DOT com. Thanks!