Kapost is looking for an experienced SaaS Operations Director who is well versed in Information Security, DevOps, and SaaS infrastructure management.
This is a hands on technical role, and we all wear multiple hats here...
You’ll be working across the organization to share your expertise on multiple IT domains including infrastructure, DevOps, security.
You’ll cultivate and mentor a small team of engineers to ensure our cloud-based infrastructure is fully automated and reliable.
We have a firm no-jerks policy, as you will see in this link below.https://www.slideshare.net/tobymurdock/kapost-cult...
If you identify with our Culture Statement, and you meet these requirements below, we'd love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing;
- Manage our Information Security program and ensure team compliance with internal controls and processes
- Maintain our disaster recovery program and failover sites
- Assist with customer security reviews of our application and SaaS platform
- Experience with securing cloud-based AWS infrastructure and data for enterprise SaaS applications
- Familiarity with ISO 27001 is helpful
- Managing our high availability production infrastructure running on Heroku and AWS
- Refine and evolve our configuration management program: Use modern configuration management tools and principals to manage our infrastructure and deliver "infrastructure as code"
- Maintain the availability, integrity, and security of managed IT systems (Postgres, ElasticSearch, MongoDB), and ensure 100% uptime, failover, replication, etc
- Establish parity between various environments, from development through production
- Provide monitoring and instrumentation for production services using cloud-based monitoring and alerting services: DataDog, New Relic, CloudWatch, Slack/ChatOps, etc.
- Lead our DevOps team and promote the core DevOps team values of automation, measurement, sharing, and execution
- Provide our engineers with a secure and reliable infrastructure platform on which run our applications, and allow them to test and deploy at speed multiple times a day
- Support Docker and CircleCI based CI/CD pipeline
- Our IT team also doubles as our internal support team. You and your team will occasionally have support duty to assist internal staff with issues relating to single sign on, wifi, onboarding, etc. In most cases, your direct report may handle this, but no job should be too big or small for you. Everyone wears multiple hats here and are happy doing so.
We dedicate three days a quarter for engineering experimentation. We drop (almost) everything to allow our engineers to explore and collaborate on innovative technology that interest them
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience supporting cloud-based production applications and infrastructure in a leadership role
- 2+ years of experience with AWS technologies: EC2, RDS, VPC, etc
- 2+ years of experience managing information security controls and governance
- 2+ years of experience with DevOps configuration management and automation technologies such as terraform, docker, ansible, chef, vagrant, or other similar technologies
Extra Credit / Preferred Technology Experience
- Experience with PaaS vendors, such as Heroku
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Rails
- Familiarity with ISO 27001-based ISMS programs
- Portfolio of recent work available for review; preferably online
- Deep understanding of SAML SSO, Oauth, and other authentication protocols
- Familiar with SaaS monitoring: New Relic, Datadog, and AWS Cloudwatch
- Industry recognized security certification: CISSP, GIAC, or similar
This is a very hands on role,
- Self starter with a bias for action and getting things done
- Collaborative, motivated, and self-directed with a strong preference to work in a team environment yet able to work on projects independently as needed
- Independent, highly-organized, detail-oriented
- Energetic, hard-working, and enthusiastic team player
- Principled individual with high ethical standards
sorry- this is not a pure management position.
- 120-140 base salary
- 10k bonus
- Significant equity
- Generous benefit package
Tour of Duty and Professional Development
Kapost recognizes that each team member is here for the benefit of both the company and themselves. The relationship is a mutual alliance that needs to help both parties involved. Our tour of duty program helps define your role and benefits for the business, along with your professional development plans and how Kapost can contribute and assist with your personal advancement.
For more information or to submit your resume please contact firstname.lastname@example.org