Our client is a multi-billion-dollar eCommerce company with global operations in 19 countries and a strong, loyal customer base. Our client has a focus on Wellness; promoting the physical, environmental, financial, and personal wellness of their customers. They manufacture and sell effective, high-quality, natural, health-oriented products, to help people live more vibrant, healthier, and happier lives.
We are looking for a Software BI Engineer to be responsible for designing and also implement efficient, flexible, extensible and scalable business intelligence platforms to support the core business operations and analysis.
- Support and maintain existing Business Intelligence (BI) systems and efforts
- Engage with business units and subject matter experts to determine requirements and specifications for BI tools, data access, and delivery mechanisms.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and support business intelligence processes and systems
- Document systems, data flows and BI processes
- Ensure changes conform to standards, are thoroughly tested, and will not break systems
- Maintain familiarity and provide direction for the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Participate in technical design and code reviews
- Lead or mentor Business Intelligence Engineers as needed
- Learn systems, languages, methodologies, and technologies utilized by the team
- Establish and grow department procedures, policies, and processes
- Function as Technical or Team Lead as needed
- Be on call for escalation of technical incidents as needed
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years experience in Business Intelligence or related field
- 3+ years experience in database solutions using TSQL and/or PL SQL
- Ability to work and communicate well with technical and non-technical people
- Strong problem solving skills
- Seasoned experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Seasoned experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience with SSDT Database Projects
- Experience with Power BI (preferably on premise)
- Understanding of Kimball Data Warehousing Methodologies
- Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Some Development Experience (C#, PowerShell preferable)
Just as important as your experience and skills will be the following characteristics and competencies:
- A natural orientation for continuous improvement and problem solving.
- A collaborative approach and willingness to engage in an environment of active idea sharing.
- Sharp organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to produce consistent quality under deadline pressure while paying careful attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze problems and create solutions.
- Detailed work and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and professionally.
We are well aware that talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether or not you're qualified, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
At Blackmere, we believe innovation and diversity go hand in hand. We are an equal opportunity employer and 100% committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse Blackmere. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.