VP of Software Development
CEDAR CX Technologies is a leading provider of powerful Managed Services solutions for Customer Communications Management (CCM). We help large banks, financial institutions, and insurance companies reshape the way they communicate with their customers and partners.
• Mentor and grow the Web development team responsible for Web, API infrastructure, and Cloud services. Mentor and develop team member's skills in design, new technology, clean code, documentation, code reviews, and testing.
• Understand the architecture of the existing applications and develop features solutions for the full stack including the UI, Java-based back-end, database, and messaging.
• Focus on learning, applying, and extending best-in-class industry practices to continue to raise the bar on skills development and speed of delivery for the team.
• Evolve the suite of tools and platforms utilized by the team to optimize efficiency and performance.
• Responsible for design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that satisfy both business and functional requirements.
• Team Builder. Facilitating discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution - Set appropriate team and individual goals and hold all accountable toward progress against those goals.
• Process Steward. Maintain use of effective agile-oriented project management tools and processes. As needed, plan daily scrums, weekly planning, and review meetings to monitor project progress and resolve any issues the team may be experiencing.
• 8+ years of experience leading agile teams and managing a team. Able to provide mentorship, vision, and motivation for the web development department and transform it into a successful execution strategy.
• Ability to take ownership of multiple issues and project deliverables, ability to prioritize while continuing to deliver high quality results that are in-line with project schedules.
• 10+ years of experience developing Java applications. Must have experience with Java and Cloud Native design and development. Must have experience with Java 11, SpringBoot, Kafka, JAX-RS, Docker, and Kubernetes.
• Experience with architecture and design of critical business applications.
• Demonstrated knowledge of DevOps with focus on CI/CD within the development and testing environments.
• Experience with batch processing frameworks/concepts. Must have experience with automation tools such as Jenkins, Maven, and Ansible.
• Banking and Finance industry experience is nice to have.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering (any), or related field.