Brown Armstrong's comprehensive accounting services and specialization in distinct niches make us unique, which also allows us to provide customized services specifically designed for each client we serve. Based in California with offices in Kern, Fresno, and San Joaquin counties, we have tremendous reach throughout the State.
We are looking for audit managers that are highly motivated with a desire for success based primarily out of the Bakersfield, Stockton, or Fresno locations, or telecommuting.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Audit Manager is the liaison between the Partner, the client, and the Staff. Audit Managers are responsible for managing multiple client engagements simultaneously, providing quality client service, maintaining profitable client relationships, and scheduling, staffing, and coordinating engagement workflow. Audit Managers develop and train staff, and make associations to develop new business for the Firm.
- Responsible for all phases of assurance engagements including compilation, preparation of financial statements, and/or review.
- Manages and completes multiple engagements of all levels of complexity with an emphasis on quality standards, timely completion, and profitability.
- Ensures that financial statements, audits, and letters are prepared in accordance with professional and Firm standards.
- Keeps the partners informed of all important developments on engagement, analyzes problems, and recommends solutions.
- Plans, schedules, and staffs engagements following the Firms’ policies and procedures. Utilizes and enforces standard Firm and department procedures and policies.
- Participates on the Audit Quality Committee recommending and assisting with implementing firm-wide improvements as appropriate.
- Resolves client issues and problems. Anticipates problem areas of an engagement and questions that will arise.
- Assists other departments in client matters. Acts as a liaison for other accounting and consulting services provided by the Firm and strategic alliances of the Firm.
- Compiles research and prepares reports and memoranda on various technical topics.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals and engagement letters.
- Supervises, trains, and develops staff assigned to engagements managed including the preparation of work papers and financial statements.
- Conducts engagement completion and mid-year performance evaluations for staff and provides data for the preparation of the annual performance evaluation.
- Prepares client invoices for partner review and approval. Communicates details of fees to clients. Assists in the collection of past-due client balances. Reviews and monitors engagement WIP to ensure adherence to engagement time and billing budget.
- Maintains a current knowledge of industry trends of assigned industry niches to improve market share. Gains knowledge of new and emerging accounting practices, procedures, and legislation that could benefit the existing client base.
- Sitting majority of the time, some bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking.
- Lifting requirements of up to 30 pounds to carry audit bags, computers, and peripheral equipment to client locations.
- Actively participates in the Firm’s business development efforts. Professionally markets the Firm’s services to acquire new and expand existing clients.
- Enhances personal and Firm reputation by conducting seminars, making presentations at conferences and seminars, and/or writing articles for professional publications.
- Represents the Firm through participation in professional, charitable, and/or civic organizations.
- Participates and promotes Firm initiatives such as Business Development Program, Mentoring Program, and other Firm committees and activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or equivalent, or Master’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 40 of annual continuing professional education (CPE).
- Participation in career development programs to improve managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- 5 years of public accounting or related business accounting experience demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope, and number of engagements managed.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively interface will all levels of Firm management and staff, clients, and outside business contacts.
- Ability to bring new business to the Firm.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, OR KNOWLEDGE
- A current and valid CA Certified Public Accountant’s (CPA) License.
- A member in good standing with the AICPA and California Society of CPA’s.
- Demonstrated use of computers, computer accounting software, and tax software programs.
- Valid California Drivers License and proof of insurance.
We offer: Manager Bonuses, Paid Vacation up to 4 weeks, Comp time banks, 100% Paid Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Paid Training, Paid Gym Membership, Referral Bonuses, and much more!
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Brown Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer