CEDAR CX Technologies is a leading provider of powerful Private-Cloud-Based Managed Services solutions for Customer Communications Management (CCM). We help large financial institutions and insurance companies reshape the way they communicate with their customers and partners.
CEDAR currently seeks to hire an experienced Systems Administrator to our Infrastructure Operations Department to administer both our OS & Storage environments. Our applications run on Linux, stored on EMC VNX discs. If you enjoy making a direct impact on business, plus the rewards & challenges that come with job ownership - then this could be the job for you. This is a technical position involving a complex multi-service production environment.
Position Specific Competencies:
• Systems & Storage Administration: Support day to day operations including (but not limited to) user, file support, storage, security requests, and availability.
• Installation and Configuration: Build, install, and upgrade systems, storage and storage networks, software, and services in accordance with best practices.
• Backup and Recovery: Perform and test backups in a timely manner. Perform restorations as required.
• Capacity Planning and Monitoring: Monitor availability, capacity, performance, and security. Remediate constraints before they become issues.
• Project Support: Support projects by providing systems, storage, services, documentation, and subject matter expertise.
• Issue Resolution: Analyze, coordinate, and assist with resolution of service and server related issues.
• Documentation: Document changes, and issues as they relate to servers, and services.
• 3+ years system administration & system design/build experience in a commercial production setting.
• Strong experience supporting Linux (RHEL/Oracle Linux) in a multi-site environment.
• 2+ years’ experience with direct-attached and centralized storage platforms, technologies, and concepts such as SAN, NAS and Network Appliance systems. Must have experience with EMC.
• Working knowledge of Fibre Chanel, NFS
• Ability to coordinate with management to support operational, development, and QA activities.
• Experience with automated system builds and configuration management tools (Ansible experience preferred). Knowledge and experience using source control tools such as CVS and SVN.
• Experience managing large numbers of remote systems ( > 500 ) using both command-line & GUI-based tools.
• Experience with VMware vSphere (1-2 years with v5.1+ preferred).
• Experience with thin provisioning, storage virtualization.
• Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and practices.
• Experience with NetBackup desirable.
• Solid understanding of change management concepts and practices (application updates, security patches, firmware updates, etc.).
• Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations.
• Knowledge of various security implementation ( PKI, sFTP ).
• Experience working with backup technologies; NetBackup preferred.
• Competence in other languages, such as Python, PHP, C/C++, or Java.
• Ability to work with a diverse high-performance team in a fast-paced 24x7x365 setting with on-call duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in Science, Engineering, or Information Systems.
• Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
o Never pay a deductible in-network with our Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
• Matching 401k
• 10 vacation days + 5 floating holidays + 7 PTO days + 8 paid holidays
• Flexible work hours
• Fun, fast-paced environment
• Opportunities for advancement