We are building the first and only true airborne broadband pipeline, providing connectivity for worldwide broadband carrier services using commercial aircraft. We use commercial aircraft as “mini-satellites”.Because it is a meshed network, it is like a web where all nodes are connected via multiple links.There are no single points of failure (there is nearly always another aircraft, ship or earth-station within range of an aircraft).
This mesh will interface with numerous unique ground-stations. The system is managed by a sophisticated software management system.
Our Software Development Manager must have a working knowledge of all common programming languages, as well as familiarity with pre-programmed modem and/or interface protocols.
The Software Development Manager
would be responsible for managing and coordinating the company's software needs. This includes:
- Creating a software development structure/architecture, based on the company's patent and needs
- Manage software development by our “in-house" software engineering team
- Manage software development by several consultant companies/consultant engineers
- Setting up a software quality control system
- Setting up software compliance testing
- Manage the “in-house" interface of “software-modules" produced by contractors/ consultants (these may be produced off-site or in other countries);
- Communications protocols
- Compression techniques
- Data enhancement and error correcting technologies
- Meshed-network protocols and technologies
- Aircraft locating and synchronizing protocols
- Wholesale Billing and Sub-billing protocols
- Aircraft interface and maintenance modules
- RF/transceiver modules and interfaces
- Antenna steering models and interfaces
- Link-budget calculations and company-specific manipulation thereof
- Software modeling and testing techniques
- Interfacing to existing protocols and/or technology
- Cellular technology
- Rural telephone technology
- The hands-on Managing of large teams of independent developers
Ninety percent of our system is comprised of software.
Master’s or equivalent degree preferred; PhD. OK, provided applicant has “all-encompassing experience” (candidates with limited, narrowly-focused task – experience may not qualify)
Minimum 10 years preferred.
References are required; some or all may be contacted.