SR. BACK-END WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPER
ABLE is a cloud-based CRM application developed specifically for the accounting profession to aid in the transition from compliance to advisory. Our mission is to revolutionize client service in the accounting profession to allow practitioners to maintain their key relationships with Clients, Referral opportunities, and Prospects.
An integral part of this mission is growing a skilled technology team to keep our application at the forefront of the industry. As such, we are searching for a Senior Back-end Web Application Developer to join our development team. The Senior Back-end Developer will serve as the lead developer and oversee the entire development team. In addition to overseeing the day-to-day work, they will assist in application development, code review, deployments, and systems administration.
· Develop and maintain a functional and sustainable web application with clean code.
· Work with the Director of Product to manage the overall application lifecycle.
· Work with the Director of Product to develop, manage, and maintain a consistent development roadmap that meets client and leadership expectations on deadline.
· Define and communicate technical and design requirements to all developers.
· Serve as systems administrator by maintaining all documentation and certifications, providing technical support, and monitoring application performance.
· Review code and UI to test for issues and recommend improvements.
· Provide training, help, and support to other developers.
· Communicate stakeholder feedback to the development team.
· Follow new and emerging technologies and stay up to date with current best practices.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· 10+ years development experience
· 5+ years managing agile development teams
· Knowledge of PHP web frameworks, Symfony required
· Experience with developing APIs for use by external applications
· Understanding of object-oriented PHP programming
· Previous experience creating scalable applications
· Proficiency with code versioning tools including Git
· Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills, especially with complex problems
· Ability to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them
· High degree of independent judgment
· Proven track record of seeing project through to completion on or before deadlines
· Keen attention to detail and high standards
· History of being a dedicated team player
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment