Our client provides high quality, high value, simulation solutions to customers in the Aerospace & Defense industry. They are widely recognized for innovative technology products.
They are seeking a highly motivated Project Manager in Orlando, Florida. The Project Manager will run projects from contract award to handover and on-site activities. The PM will manage a multinational installation team of technicians, field engineers, and subcontractors. The PM will work on simulator technology for customers in military, space, public safety, marine, and aircraft manufacturers. The position will require travel, domestic and abroad, up to 75%.
Maintain overall responsibility for multiple projects through sound project management:
- Project handover, planning, tracking, execution, reporting, finance and resource allocations.
- Liaise with customers on all technical, contractual and commercial issues.
- Coordinate technical compliance with international Operations department on all stages and R&D on development tasks and logistics on all shipping details
- Management and coordination of assigned personnel and third parties (contractors and vendors) for the flawless execution of projects
- Analyze and foresee potential problems and proactively resolve any issues with customers
- Participate in and lead assembly, build, modification, and fitting of simulation visual display systems
Internal Sales Support:
- Participate in contract reviews
- Assist sales in technical discussions and provide cost estimations on future projects
- Participate in customer meetings with sales in-house or at customer locations
- PMI certification
- A degree in engineering with project management and/or other relevant technical/operational experience, preferably multinational
- Organizational, practical and communication skills and an ability to manage contractual, commercial and technical issues
- Experience in successfully leading projects on-schedule and within budget
- Ability to build and maintain relationships by engaging customers to establish credibility, building consensus and achieve objectives
- Technically competent with various related software programs. CAD knowledge is beneficial
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. overhead and work on ladders at heights as needed to assist onsite build teams
- US Citizenship, able to pass background check for Secret Clearance
- Determined and innovative
- Solid organizational and interpersonal skills
- Well structured, energetic, and forward-looking
- Attention to critical detail and multitasking skills
- Strong leadership, motivational and diplomatic skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Simulation industry experience
- Experience in US government/defense programs
- ISO 9001 knowledge/experience