Reports to: HR/Business Manager
This full-time (40 hour/week) position provides administrative support for Principals, Project Managers, Accounting, and HR. In addition to typing, filing, and ordering office supplies, performs duties such as preparing RFP’s, various permit applications, AIA docs and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Provides backup support to Administrative Assistant II. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the principals.
• Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
• Retrieves, sorts and distributes mail. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
• Administers company phone system and keeps updated.
• Primary person to answer phones, in a courteous manner, takes messages, fields all routine and non-routine questions.
• Works independently and within a team on special projects for the Principals (such as completing RFP’s), and Human Resources (various mailings), providing support to Project Managers, etc.
• Prepare RFP’s, interview booklets, building permit applications, and AIA documents.
• Process RFI’s, submittals, meeting minutes, and other various documents within our Procore system as needed.
• Assists with processing proposal requests to subcontractors.
• Processes various documents through Docusign.
• Transcribes dictation as needed.
• Administers Certificate of Insurance process, reports out to PM’s weekly on COI & contract status. Responsible for calling Subcontractors for missing contracts or missing/expired COI’s in a timely manner.
• Assists with project document management.
• Maintains logs & works with the Principals to purchase, research & organize company apparel.
• Maintains logs & Verizon website for all cell phone items & purchases directed by the Principals.
• Keeps company website & social media pages updated.
• Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
• Maintains accuracy of various spreadsheets/lists, keeping them current at all times (computer asset, master password list, phone contacts, subcontractor, company vehicle, etc.).
• Maintain project completion logs at end of every year .
• Provide backup for Administrative Assistant II when needed.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• 2 years of administrative experience, preferably in construction industry.
• Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency.
• Detail-oriented & exceptional communication skills.
• Strong organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
• Experience with Procore and Docusign software preferred.
• Valid driver’s license and means of transportation.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, obligations, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About H.P. Cummings:
H.P. Cummings is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. H.P. Cummings and The Source and Recruit Company do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.