IT MANAGER - £50k - £70k depending on experience
Wonderful opportunity to join one of the fastest growing firms in their sector.
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the IT department. Ensuring a high level of service and training is provided to all users of the firm’s IT facilities. Ensuring business objectives of IT applications are effectively and efficiently achieved.
You will be an engaging individual, with outstanding communication skills, and the ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders to ensure business needs are effectively addressed.
This role is essential within the organisation to ensure the efficient role out of strategic IT deployments. This role is Peterborough based but flexibility may be required to travel to other sites.
· Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrades and support of all end-user IT equipment and applications.
· Supervising daily operations of network and server infrastructure.
· Maintaining and developing a helpdesk facility that will respond to all day-to-day IT queries and issues as they arise, liaising with suppliers of hardware and software where necessary.
· Maintaining a sufficient level of technical and business awareness of the firm’s systems for this purpose.
· Assisting the Chief Information Officer with the drafting of policies, procedures and standards relating to IT systems.
· Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation including system and user manuals and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
· Oversee provision of end-user services including IT equipment, applications, helpdesk, and training.
· Ensure the hardware and software asset database is always fully maintained and up to date.
· Responsible for business-as-usual contracts, such as telephony, MFD and mobile contracts. Looking at potential cost saving solutions at reasonable time intervals and liaising with the Chief Information Officer concerning contractual changes.
· Responsible for the yearly cybersecurity plus certification testing and penetration testing.
· Keep current with the latest technologies and feeding back ways of improving efficiencies and quality of service of the firm’s IT facilities to the Chief Information Officer.
· Assist Chief Information Officer with yearly budgeting requirements of IT department.
· Perform other related duties as assigned by the Chief Information Officer.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· Strong IT skills and commitment to future professional development in this area.
· Citrix experience desirable but not essential
· M365 experience is essential
· Proven successful experience of people management.
· Ability to meet deadlines and where necessary conduct research into IT issues and products to ensure timely delivery of projects.
· Strong project management, organisational and time management skills.
· Excellent problem solving, analytical and evaluation skills.
· A strong team leader with a motivational hands-on approach.
· Uses initiative, plans, and organizes own time and workload to meet deadlines and prioritises work.
· A measured and rational approach to problem solving.
· Deals confidently and diplomatically with staff and suppliers.
· Demonstrates integrity and empathy when dealing with people.
· Relevant qualification in Computing and IT service delivery.
· ITIL Foundation
· PRINCE2 Practitioner, or equivalent (desirable).
· Must have a valid driving licence as some travel will be necessary.