This is a great opportunity to join a small but well-established contract manufacturer in Orlando. The role would suit someone familiar with the defense industry and electro-mechanical manufacturing and will involve source inspections. Candidates must be US citizens who can obtain a DOD security clearance.
Coordinate and perform FAI/Source Inspection functions, including: Quality Audits, evaluations, reviews, improvements, and customer collaboration associated with projects and processes. Assist in reviewing QA processes, Work Instructions, Quality Records, and Source Inspection instructions. Establish and maintain artifacts for established Quality Assurance processes
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspections: Perform First Article Inspections (FAI) and Source Inspections using reports and data gathered and reviewed beforehand. Report findings and coordinate action items with program team and supplier and customer program management, quality, and engineering.
- Follow-up Activities: Effectively coordinate all activities necessary to conclude all inspections and drive resolution of findings to their conclusion.
- Reporting: Submit all necessary updates, reports, and metrics to responsible parties in a comprehensive, timely, and efficient manner. This includes submission of metrics to the QA department for ISO 9001:2008 / AS9100C reviews and audits.
- Risk Assessment/Reporting: Collect and submit information regarding critical issues/potential risks to management on time. Coordinate efforts and act as directed to mitigate the impact of potential risk.
- Quality Audits: Participate in internal, external, and customer audits of products and processes to assure compliance to requirements following ISO 9001:2008 or AS9100C.
- Corrective/Preventative Action System: Participate in the investigation of non-conforming products (field returns, systemic internal nonconformances, supplier issues, etc.) to determine root cause, and corrective (or preventative) action plans necessary to avoid reoccurrence.
- Supplier Quality Assurance: Execute qualification surveys to ensure that suppliers are qualified to provide the specified product, service, or process as assigned and following ISO 9001:2008 or AS9100C.
- Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Five years of experience Quality Assurance Inspections of mechanical and electro-mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Read and comprehend engineering drawings, specifications, technical documentation, and contracts.
- Capable of using related measurement tools (micrometers, coordinate measurement machine (CMM), microscope, digital test equipment, etc., as required).
- Extensive experience in testing processes of mechanical and electro-mechanical sub-assemblies.
- Proficient in the Source Inspection and evaluation of hardware and associated contract manufacturing processes and providing daily /weekly reports.
- Familiar with inspection requirements to Mil-Standards and Mil-Specifications
- Experience in Contract Manufacturing Inspection in accordance with IPC-610, IPC-620, J-STD-001; Class 3 & ISO9001 /AS9100C.
- Certified Quality Engineer and ASQ Member is a plus.
- Defense/Aerospace industry experience is a plus.
- Formal certification in performing quality audits (Internal Audits) is a plus.