Job Title (core tech stack) (f/m/d): Software Developer, Python C++ (with DevOps skills)
Work type: Full-time
Location: Geldermalsen (75%), and Utrecht (25%), the Netherlands
Salary range: EUR 65-72K gross
· A competitive salary in line with your experience
· Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
· We pay for your daily commute based on public transport
· 27 days of paid leave per year
· Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
· An open, family atmosphere, and fun work environment
· Work in a young and energetic team
· Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
· A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
· Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
Why we recommend it:
· It’s an ambitious and technically advanced company that always innovating and moving forward
· Get to work with the Ultimaker Cura team on one of our core software products. It is the most used open-source slicer in the world
· Get to work on the newest features of the Ultimaker software
· Be a part of an enthusiastic and motivated environment where a person can professionally grow
· A lot of learning opportunity
What you will work on:
As a Software Engineer, you will be working on Ultimaker Cura, one of our core software products. Cura is the most used open-source slicer in the world. It is a standard for both hobbyists and engineers and is becoming an industry standard for Fortune 500 companies. Every week millions of 3D prints are prepared with Ultimaker Cura, not only for our premium desktop printers but for many other brands as well. Both professional and hobby developers are using the Ultimaker Marketplace to publish their plugins and services to enhance the use of Cura. As Ultimaker we maintain the open-source Cura repository on GitHub and we deliver builds for every major desktop OS.
What will you be doing:
You work closely together with software engineers and other R&D disciplines in a multidisciplinary way to create awesome products. The Cura team is an extremely enthusiastic and motivated team, so you’ll need to fit seamlessly into that working environment.
It is your first responsibility to write excellent code, conduct unit tests, and help to refine user stories, but you will also be helping the team to solve their DevOps challenges and help professionalize our CI/CD. With creative solutions, you’ll deliver a contribution to the solutions we implement in our products and to the way we deliver those...
This means you will:
· Work on the newest features of the Ultimaker software with your scrum team
· Professionalize the CI/CD of the Cura team.
· Improve the quality standard of Ultimaker and help to apply this to existing products
· Coach and provide feedback to your fellow developers
· Help to set up and manage automated tests
· Set up and maintain build servers to deliver Ultimaker Cura on Windows, Linux and MacOS.
What will your team look like:
You will be working with talented software developers, software testers, UX designers, and product owners. Together, you will create the best software products and you help us to improve!
· Bachelor’s degree in computing, computer science, engineering, mathematics, or similar educational background but you are also welcome with a comparable working experience
· Minimum of 5 years of working experience
· Relevant experience with Python and/or C++ Experience with DevOps in a production environment
· Experience with CI/CD, preferably for an opensource desktop application
· Understanding of graphics processing, geometric algorithms, path planning, linear algebra, OpenGL, etc.
· Experience with Git, Jira, Confluence
· Experience in a similar position within software development or, preferably, product development
· Experience and passion for working agile
· A productive attitude that works toward solutions
· A strong, social team player with experience working with technical teams and colleagues from different backgrounds
Definitely a plus
· Experience with building desktop applications using the Qt Framework
· Security knowledge
· Experience with 3D printing