The Massage Therapy Supervisor will provide guidance to and monitor the performance of the Massage Therapy Team in accordance with the policies and procedures of The Child and Family Therapy Center of Denver. This position will have some authority in regard to personnel decisions, including performance reviews, disciplinary action, and hiring. Additionally, the Massage Therapy Supervisor will provide services for clients of The Child and Family Therapy Center of Denver. Sessions will take place in the client’s home and at our offices. The Massage Therapy Supervisor will be responsible for providing massage therapy treatment services in a professional and qualified manner and shall be responsible for maintaining all required licensure, education and supervision required by the Massage Therapist’s governing body. This position reports to the Clinical Director.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to write reports identifying patient goals, outcomes and interventions.
- Strong organizational skills to balance productivity needs and required paperwork.
- Ability to travel and see clients in their home.
- Evaluates patient goals and develops a treatment plan of massage therapy interventions to the needs, abilities and medical history of patients.
- Use physical manipulation of muscles to ease muscle contractures, spasms, extensions, muscle relaxation and muscle tension.
- Periodically evaluates patient's progress toward established goals.
- Maintains clinical notes and records.
- Coordinates the massage therapy program with other services such as clinical, psychological and social service in order to accomplish overall therapeutic goals.
- Participates in new employee orientations, including training employees on massage therapy techniques/interventions, documentation requirements, and agency policies/procedures.
- Addresses massage therapy related questions and concerns.
- Provides guidance and advice to the Massage Therapy Team, including support for client deaths, identifying solutions for challenging cases, and encouraging appropriate self-care.
- Participates in personnel decisions for the Massage Therapy Team, including performance reviews, interviews/hiring, and disciplinary meetings.
- Facilitates, schedules, and leads massage therapy team meetings and case consultations.
- Ensures employee job expectations are met or exceeded by observing client sessions and providing constructive feedback on an as needed basis.
- Ensures employees adhere to the agency policies/procedure and implements disciplinary action if necessary.
- Meets with Massage Therapists individually and documents the topics discussed:
o All employees:
- once per month for approximately one (1) hour
o New employees:
- daily for first two (2) weeks (5-15 minutes)
- twice per week for first month (15-30 minutes)
o once per week for first three (3) months (15-30 minutes)
- Meets with upper management to discuss employee performance concerns, barriers, and disciplinary issues and identifies solutions to improve agency operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified Pediatric Massage Therapists, licensed in accordance with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies, Office of Massage Therapy Licensure.
- Two (2) years providing massage therapy services to children
- Ability to write reports identifying patient goals, outcomes and interventions
- Experience providing therapeutic treatment services to children with terminal or chronic illnesses and/or developmental disabilities
- Experience working with clients with terminal or chronic illnesses and/or developmental disabilities
- Evening/weekend availability
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $49,000.00 per year
- Massage Therapy: 2 years (Required)
- Certified Pediatric Massage Therapist (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Monday to Friday
- Saturday availability preferred but not required