Trust Compliance Officer
ISC’s Financial Services Recruitment Team is partnering with a leading Wealth Advisor with a growing Delaware Trust Company. We’ve worked with this firm for seven years and have seen them double in size with impressive growth and continued internal opportunities for their employees.
They provide wealth advisory services to Ultra-High-Net-Worth Individuals and Families, as well as endowments and foundations. They oversee close to 30B in AUM and their Delaware Trust Company is a well-established office housing their Trust Co, as well as several key teams from the Wealth Advisory side of the business.
The Firm is known for their award-winning Impact Investing Program, as well as their high touch service and commitment to clients. They foster a highly collaborative, open culture and look to hire intellectually curious individuals who thrive in a highly visible team environment.
The Trust Compliance opportunity is newly created due to growth. We’re looking for an individual with Delaware Trust Compliance experience who will report into the President of the Trust Company and run their compliance program.
Overall, an excellent opportunity to work with industry leaders closely, oversee and implement new processes, procedures & controls, and make an impact in a rapidly growing organization.
Trust Compliance Officer Responsibilities:
· Maintain and run the Trust Compliance program.
· Oversee the Trust Company’s AML and BSA requirements, as well as OFAC, CIP, and FinCEN.
· Review Trust accounting opening procedures and take steps to improve and automate processes. Implement new systems when needed and spearhead internal process improvement projects.
· Responsible for internal and external audits and regulatory exams. Lead the organization through the annual exam by the DE State Bank Commissioner.
· Draft compliance procedures and processes as well as implement new controls and testing.
· Continual testing, monitoring, and reporting on the trust compliance program.
· Oversight of external compliance consultants and vendors.
· Work closely with the Audit Committee as well as the Chief Compliance Officer on the Wealth Advisory side of the business.
· Member of the Audit Committee with oversight over the follow-up of the findings.
Trust Compliance Officer Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree required & JD preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of related Delaware Trust experience.
· Experience working with Delaware State Bank Commissioners with exposure to State Trust regulations.
· Well versed in BSA/AML rules and regulations - specifically applicable to trust companies.
· Previous Audit experience.
· Experience writing memos with strong communication skills.
· Previous experience identifying areas of improvement and implementing controls, processes/procedures, as well as new systems.
· High proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word – Additionally in creating performance reports, data/transaction aggregation, data analytics, and working with a CRM.
How to Apply:
Please contact Anna Souers, email@example.com, 800-450-3808.
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in hire and keep all referrals confidential unless you ask us to use your name. Please contact Anna with referral contact information.