Our client is known for innovative technical solutions within the Simulation & Training community. The Pre-Sales Engineer is the lead role for all technical and design work for a project from business development origination through conceptual design. The Pre-Sales Engineer is responsible for performing customer requirement intakes and developing conceptual designs than can be used in proposals to customers, bid to subcontractors, and handed off to the project execution team.
The Pre-Sales Engineer is an integral part of the Sales team with a focus on delivering pre-sales demonstrations and technical leadership to enhance prospecting in the sales process. This individual is responsible for answering technical inquiries from prospects regarding technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulating technology and product positioning. This individual will have well-rounded experience and expertise in demoing technology and handling high profile prospects. This person will also be responsible for delivering training sessions and webinars. This person will participate in sales proposal development and other documentation needs for the Sales team.
The Pre-Sales Engineer is required to effectively document and communicate customer needs for the implementation and sales teams to ensure a positive customer experience. At times, this person will also support system deliveries, participating in documentation preparation, and on-site installations.
· Demonstrate software and hardware technologies to customers and prospective customers
· Develop design documentation (diagrams, layouts, and 3D models) to communicate conceptual project designs to the customers and ensure compliance with requirements.
· Evaluate multiple design options with respect to variables such as equipment choice, site constraints, construction costs, client preferences, etc. Communicate options clearly to external clients.
· Coordinate with internal subject matter experts to consider multi-disciplinary aspects of projects (optical performance, electrical, utility interconnection, procurement)
· Generate equipment specs and quantities to accurately budget project costs.
· The Pre-Sales Engineer should work closely with other project team members across multiple disciplines including Buyers, Business Development leads, Project Managers, and other Engineers.
· The role will require occasional travel for both office meetings and field visits to active construction sites requiring PPE.
· Must be comfortable with the technical aspects of the job as well as business and client interactions.
· Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations and emails. Project management skills are preferred.
· Must be a supportive team member, able to work in a collaborative environment as well as work on self-directed independent projects. Must be self-motivated with the ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines.
· Must be proficient in CAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
· Able to travel for meetings and occasional site visits, up to 20%.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred) from an accredited university
· 2+ years’ experience in related work
· Ability to lift 40 lbs., work on ladders at heights
Like to haves
· Simulation industry experience
· Experience on US government/defense programs
· Engineering in Training (EIT) license is preferred