This is a great opportunity to join a small but well-established contract manufacturer in Orlando. The role would suit someone familiar with the defense industry and electro-mechanical manufacturing and will involve source inspection in-house. Coordinate and perform in house project Quality Assurance functions including, but not limited to quality audits, evaluations, reviews, and QA process improvements in accordance with ISO standards. Review & inspect product on-site and at suppliers’ facilities. Work with functional departments to coordinate quality assurance activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct and participate in audits of products and processes to assure compliance to requirements.
- Coordinate the investigation of nonconforming product to determine root cause and corrective and/or preventative action plans necessary to avoid reoccurrence.
- Participate with Process Improvement Teams.
- Assist with suppliers qualification surveys to assure that suppliers are qualified to provide the specified product, service or process, as assigned.
- Conduct on-site quality surveys, First Article Inspections (FAI) and Source Inspections, as required.
- Collects and analyzes data, and arrange data in reports
- Supports quality audits, and document control.
- Perform supplier AS9100 audits.
- Review suppliers procedures, change control, revisions, dates, signatures etc, within document control.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent preferred.
- No less than 5 year’s Supplier QA Source / Final Inspection
- Experience in Contract Manufacturing CCA Inspection, in accordance with IPC-610, IPC-620 & J-STD-001 - Class 3 & knowledge of AS9100C processes required.
- Experience with inspecting Contract Assembly of Circuit Boards (PCB) and Electromechanical assemblies.
- Experience in inspection or testing processes of electrical sub-assemblies and mechanical parts, Build-To-Print (BTP) items.
- Read and comprehend engineering drawings, specifications, technical documentation and contracts.
- Capable of using related measurement tools.
- Defense industry experience is a plus.
- Internal Auditor Certification is a plus.
- Quality Certifications /ASQ Member is a plus.
Basic Employment Requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications software & databases and ERP system.
- Must be authorized to work in the US and be eligible to obtain a passport and security clearance.
- Must pass Security background screening process.
- Willingness to work beyond regular work schedule to get the job done.
Work Environment/ Corporate Culture
- 25% desk work.
- 75% walking and standing while interfacing with Manufacturing and others.
- 9/80 Work schedule or as assigned.
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, STD, LTD, GTL, 401K, Holidays, Vacation, paid time off to eligible employees.