Our client is well established in the Simulation & Training community. They work on a variety of government programs to develop hardware and software solutions for the defense community. Due to a large contract win, they are seeking several Software Engineers.
Software engineers are responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and documentation of software applications. A software engineer is expected to be able to apply industry best practices to a problem space to develop an optimal solution in new or existing codebases.
Candidates must be able to obtain a DOD Secret clearance.
- Makes targeted modifications to existing software applications as well as develop new components and systems as requirements dictate.
- Defines their work in both requirements and industry standard methods.
- Performs unit tests of their work and adhere to applicable coding standards.
- Leverages internal reuse and Open Source Software to the extent allowed to minimize cost and maximize productivity.
- Maintains a schedule related to assigned task status and completion dates.
- Implementation and application of sound configuration management processes and adherence to software CM and development policy and procedures.
- Understands and adheres to cost and schedule targets established during the program design phase.
- Responsible for establishing, conducting, and documenting software testing based on customer requirements.
- Works on the overall design and development of software products as well as software applications.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field. Substitutions: Four (4) years of professional experience can be substituted for two (2) years of the educational requirements.
- Unmanaged software language experience required.
- Object oriented software language experience required.
- Configuration management tools experience required.
- Experience with building to requirements and/or synthesizing requirements required.
- Experience in software design languages required.
Essential Mental Requirements
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills for documentation, intra-team, and interdisciplinary communication.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Basic math skills including linear algebra.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documentation.
- Ability to analyze problems using scientific and logical thinking.
Essential Physical Requirements.
- Equipment/Software/Tools Used
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook)
- Atlassian JIRA
- Atlassian Confluence
- Development Environments such as: Visual Studio, GNU make, Eclipse