Reports to: Superintendent/Project Manager
This position assists with managing all aspects of on-site coordination for all phases of the projects, including coordinating subcontractors, materials and equipment, ensuring that drawings & specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Foreman/Assistant Superintendent assists the Superintended with the following responsibilities:
- Schedule subcontractors and vendors to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Responsible for managing carpenters and laborers on jobsites.
- Perform quality control responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Ensure subcontractor is fully executing and complying with the contracted scope of work.
- Continuous communication with the project team (Owner, A/E, Subcontractors) regarding schedules as well as any critical issues that need to be resolved.
- Keep all construction documents up to date, check dimensions and details between changes, document changes and discussions, review shop drawings and as-builts.
- Keep a weekly schedule and develop an ongoing 3 to 4 week look ahead schedule.
- Keep subcontractors on track and on time – reach out to subcontractors to make them aware of when they need to be onsite and confirming their delivery timeframes for materials.
- Quality Control – Develop punch lists prior to subcontractors completing their work and leave the project to ensure the work is per drawings and specifications and done in a good workmanship manner.
- Document & record all safety issues, hold a weekly safety meeting.
- Cost control surrounding material schedule and T&M slips, keeping within scope of budget.
- Submit daily reports regarding invoices and tool rental.
- Perform conflict resolution between subcontractors and vendors.
- Maintain a positive attitude, bringing the team closer together to accomplish the work.
- This position will supervise subcontractors, vendors, laborers and carpenters on a daily basis to ensure adequate manpower is available for each task and compliant work is performed.
- Minimum of 5 years of verifiable Foreman and/or Assistant Superintendent experience on a commercial construction site.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Experience with Procore and HH2 software preferred.
- Proficient at reading blueprints.
- Detail oriented.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Must be able to travel to the jobsite(s) as assigned.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About H.P. Cummings:
H.P. Cummings is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. H.P. Cummings and the Source and Recruit Companies do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.