SATCOM Field Service Representative
- This opportunity is related to a national mission objective at no risk of being cancelled or changed given the current COVID-19 crisis. In fact, opportunities for this company and the team members who work there are likely to expand as a function of the government response.
- The company is a certified SDB & HUBZone small business that provides global SATCOM and IT Solutions to both military and commercial clients alike.
- The company culture is team-oriented, results-focused, detail-oriented and stable with traditional, strong processes in place.
- Seeking deployment-ready Field Service Representatives for SATCOM to provide professional and technical support of satellite terminals in various locations around the world.
- Company-Subsidized Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off Commensurate with Industry Norms
- Professional Development Assistance
- Paid Training, Competitive Salary & Bonus Potential
- Perform SATCOM installation, proper operation, and maintenance of satellite terminal equipment in various locations around the world.
- Unpack, inventory, and record the model and serial number of equipment, perform physical assembly of satellite terminal antenna and connect to associated Radio Frequency (RF) and modem equipment.
- Activate and configure the RF and modem equipment, connect to the customer equipment, and ensure terminals are tracking the satellites and proper operation over the satellite link.
- Ensure the Block Up Converter (BUC), Low Noise Block Converter (LNB) and modem are properly installed and functional.
- Install all signal and power cables and ensure cables and connections are properly run and terminated.
- Perform end-to-end connectivity and IP Bit Error Rate (BER) Test to confirm proper end-to-end connectivity with 100 (50 x 50) Mbps data throughput to the teleport.
- Install, activate, and test the Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN) terminal for remote management and label connectors as specified.
- Provide daily status report to customer management and Network Operations Center on installation and ongoing comms.
- Move all packing material to a customer designated area and support installation of the radomes.
- Assist and provide support as needed on a 24-7 on-call basis.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must Hold Minimum of Active Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or 5 years related experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in support of installations, repair, troubleshooting, or maintenance of communications electronic systems or equipment
- Minimum 3 years of experience installing 2.4 m AvL or GD SATCOM terminals
- Ability to provide all required test equipment and installation tools
- Willing and able to travel up to 100% on deployments in 1-year increment contracts