If your life has become somewhat uneventful then this is the opportunity for you! Join a team based in a highly challenging environment and take on the responsibility of a new exciting project being set up in North Africa. You will help find smart solutions to problems in the manufacturing department of a new production line of a very successful FMCG company and leader in the Libyan market.
The purpose of your role:
To propose, coordinate, and implement projects related to manufacturing engineering. You will conduct activities to achieve daily and long term processing, quality, and productivity goals. You will participate in business unit team meetings and help the team accomplish department action plans. Additionally, you will develop safety improvements and work with teams to support the required upgrades to equipment.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and coordinate projects utilizing basic project management and structured project management skills.
- Direct leadership for lines in the production of scheduled manufacturing quotas through identification and remediation of efficiency issues. You will supervise subordinates involved in the same across the Production, Quality Assurance, and Maintenance departments.
- Evaluate machine capabilities and recommend additions, replacements, and rebuilds.
- Conduct new machine and machine rebuild runoffs.
- Establish specifications for requests for quotations.
- Design and recommend improved manufacturing processes.
- Work with business unit teams to develop goals and objectives for that area.
- Implement cost savings ideas.
- Evaluate and recommend process improvements to improve quality.
- Research and develop solutions and internal safety requirements for processes and equipment.
- Troubleshoot process problems as related to productivity and quality.
- Coordinate testing to optimize the performance of MRO (Maintenance, Repair, Operating) supply items.
- Actively coach all team members promoting continuous improvement and overall team development and cross-training, including the supervisory level.
- Bachelor’s degree in, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, from an accredited university
- 8-10 years’ experience within a manufacturing environment of a bottling company
- Technical knowledge in machine function, processes and control systems
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Excellent understanding of MIS
- Ability to communicate with various levels within the organization
- Fluent in English
- Willing to relocate to Libya
The package on offer:
- Attractive tax-free salary
- Full Medical coverage
- Flights to home country