Quasius Construction is seeking a Project Manager to help create optimum profit for the company by successfully managing each assigned project while maintaining customer satisfaction through the use of thorough and professional communication skills, and by following company defined best practices and processes. The Project Manager will help maintain a positive culture for field and project support staff.
About Quasius Construction:
Problem solvers, planners, and miracle workers on occasion, the Quasius Construction Team prides itself on innovative construction solutions. We leave no stone unturned in our efforts to solve even the most challenging construction obstacles. From budget issues and compressed construction schedules, to site constraints and coordination nightmares, our experienced team can turn roadblocks into mere speed bumps.
Quasius Construction places a high emphasis on building relationships that last - from our valued customers to hand-selected subcontractors, suppliers, and our talented team. Whether it’s new construction, maintenance, or remodeling, each endeavor is matched with our most qualified project resources. For over 127 years, Quasius Construction has been a trusted partner for delivering innovative construction solutions and superior value.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project Coordination & Cost Control
- Job Cost monitoring of labor, materials, subcontractors & general category costs weekly. Inform and engage field operations on potential production issues.
- Review and manage job cost weekly and produce monthly, on-time, work in progress/cost to complete reports for Accounting.
- Communicate field labor production goals for self-performed work with field operations
- Review and approve job A/P billings weekly for accounting
- Track all contingency expenditures, field directives, and contract administration
- Communicate weekly with field operations on job status and concerns. Respond timely/same day if possible to field questions.
- Manage and oversee project engineer job specific project management support responsibilities
- Expedite and manage job set-up checklist
- Review contract documents and communicate key information to field at least 2 weeks prior to start date to allow for field efficiency planning.
- Develop project schedule prior to start date and publish to project management website; update and maintain timely as needed for project team
- Complete pre-construction planning meeting with field supervisor, field operations and estimating
- Review finalized estimate is per contract with accepted alternates and Job Cost transfer/Estimate file export for accounting job cost import; cross check after import; adjust as needed
- Schedule and lead project onsite review and kick-off meetings ahead of field start date
- Review documentation of all required agencies and approvals
- Lead and work with Estimating department on the project buyout process and determination of the subcontractor/vendor selection criteria and commitments
- Lead the project team throughout the project duration and lead team management meetings
- Applications for Payment & Change Orders
- Billings submitted by project manager to A/R monthly on time prior to end of month per contract terms, including all approved monthly change orders
- Schedule of Values set-up prior to initial billing; submit to accounting
- A/R billings to always maintain a positive cash flow
- Monitor A/R aging report and follow-up on past due accounts
- Final billing with all changes and retainages
- Lead project job meetings onsite
- Secure customer satisfaction survey and request testimonial/letter of recommendation at project substantial completion
- Provide support to Business Development Sales and Marketing to win new opportunities, secure new accounts and opportunities, and manage existing accounts and opportunities. Must use and remain proficient using Company’s CRM web-based tool.
- Work with the Estimating to “value engineer” the project for potential cost savings as needed to close or move the project forward.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Maximize project profit, managing all aspects within project manager control
- Customer satisfaction
- On time job cost reporting and billings
- Positive field and office staff feedback on project communications
- Schedule adherence and management
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Ability to work at/with all levels of an organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to shift gears when necessary
- Financial and accounting understanding
- CPM scheduling and planning knowledge
Shift: Full Time, Day Shift
Quasius Construction is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Quasius Construction does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.