Job Title: Director of Client Services
Reports to: Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Location: Stamford, CT
- Authorization to work in the US is required
- Relocation packages are not offered
*Note: We are Axiom Technology Group at www.thinkAXIOM.com
- Free parking
- Free lunch once a week
- Convenient location right off a major highway
- Five-minute drive from Metro-North Rail
- Holiday and Summer parties
- All staff team building outings
- Check out the following link to view our company culture video: http://www.thinkaxiom.com/axiology/axiom-team-axiom-recruits-and-retains-the-best-most-enthusiastic-industry-talent-to-create-a-progressive-and-collaborative-culture/
The Director of Client Services will be responsible for defining and executing Axiom’s overall client management strategy, including overseeing the successful delivery of our clients contracted services and managing and coaching our Technical Account Leads (TALs). Axiom TALs are responsible for acting as the “IT Managers” for our clients and oversee existing client relationships. The Director of Client Services must have proven leadership skills in the areas of IT strategic planning, IT governance and operations, IT budgeting and resource allocation, and program management oversight. This role acts as both manager and mentor to the TALs that report up to them, as well as a senior relationship contact for clients. To be successful in this role the Director must possess the necessary technical knowledge and strong communication skills to coordinate multiple priorities and resources while effectively communicating both internally and externally throughout the organization. This role will require excellent communication skills, a deep desire to mentor and develop a team, and a highly dynamic and self-motivated individual with strong critical thinking skills.
- Provide leadership, vision and management to the Technical Account Lead team
- Oversee the development and execution of strategic IT plans for Axiom clients ranging from small and mid-market businesses with up to $600mm in revenue.
- Oversee the definition and deployment of consistent IT governance and operations controls within client environments and implement system to monitor those controls.
- Develop, document, maintain and continually refine formalized processes for the TAL team to manage current client relationships
- Develop & refine standard operating procedures and work instructions for the team to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
- Ensure that metrics are being achieved regarding client financial health, client satisfaction, and employee engagement.
- Work with Business Development Team to evaluate customer contracts for profitability and potential upsell opportunities based on customer needs and new technology availability.
- Partner with Business Development team to manage an inside sales pipeline to achieve published inside sales targets for recurring and non-recurring revenue.
- Work closely with Engineering and PMO teams to ensure proper scoping, communications, and expectations are set on delivery of projects and services sold to clients.
- Partner with Senior Leadership Team & other Directors on process changes/improvements, staffing needs/issues and client challenges/profitability
- Publish regular reporting to Senior Leadership Team & other Directors on client health, upcoming projects/initiatives and current roadblocks that need addressing
- Responsible for assigning TAL’s to clients based upon client goals, technical complexity, and TAL availability
- Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with TAL’S to review team targets, client needs, workload and determine where assistance from other resources may be required
- Manage resources including hiring, training, guidance and discipline as needed
- Additional tasks assigned by manager as needed Client Management Responsibilities
- Oversee and participate in (as needed) Annual Planning, Quarterly Business Review, & Monthly Management Meetings with the TALs and their Clients as needed.
- Oversee the creation and publication/presentation of IT Roadmaps that outline key areas of risk, areas of investment opportunity, and budget forecasting for each client. Technical Roadmaps must be published or updated and presented to the customer annually.
- Work with the TAL team to oversee the planning, implementation and monitoring of changes in client IT environment including communication and change management
- Ensure TAL’s respond appropriately to customer concerns or issues related to service delivery. Act as escalation point for customers who have a dispute or recurring issue with a team member.
- Attend scheduled onsite visits to client locations as needed for client meetings or when a team member requires additional training and support to achieve their objectives.
- Ensure client technologies are monitored in accordance with client’s ever-changing business needs, recommend well researched products and services that align with client’s needs
- Ensure TAL’s remain partnered with the project management and engineering teams on project activities and have awareness of priority, status, risks and budgets on projects within their clients.
- Ensure client facing performance reports are delivered to client in a timely fashion as outlined in each customer’s managed services agreement.
- Oversee the regular audit of service desk metrics to ensure that KPIs are reported to the client on a regular basis.
- Work with team to maximize the value that Axiom brings to our clients with the goal of ensuring healthy and productive relationships and manage customer attrition.
- Technical Account Lead Team
- Ability to motivate and direct a team of IT professionals to produce consistent and measurable individual and department performance.
- Solid time management and organizational skills to effectively prioritize client and Axiom needs.
- Ability to motivate and direct a team of professionals
- Must be able to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Ability to deliver valuable and professional IT support and guidance to the Axiom team and clients
- Strong leadership skills to act as a mentor to TAL Team
- Solid time management and organizational skills to efficiently complete assigned tasks and juggle multiple demands internally and client facing
- Excellent communication skills to ensure successful internal clarity and resolution to client issues
- Strong written communication skills to participate and assist in the creation of comprehensive documentation
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of colleagues and clients
- Ability to work on site at client locations with respect to client’s work environment & staff
- Capable of maintaining a calm cool composure even when navigating challenging situations and frustrated clients
- Knowledge of Networking including TCP/IP, Switching, VLAN’s, Routing & Wireless
- Knowledge of Complex Multi-Site Networks including MPLS, Internet, Routing Protocols (Static, RIP, BGP, EIGRP)
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection Systems, Content Filtering, and SIEM platforms
- Knowledge of SAN’s and Shared Storage
- Knowledge of Physical & Virtual Server Infrastructure
- Knowledge of virtualization
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy Objects
- Experience with Office 365
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems thru Windows 10
- Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services experience a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 10 years of post-education IT work experience mandatory, 5 year in a management or leadership role
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent; MBA and/or master’s degree preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Project Manager (CPM) is a plus
- Experience with Managed Services, IT Integration and/or Consulting experience a plus
- Experience in ITIL/ITSM, COBIT, NIST, ISO, or other structured IT Governance models
- Experience with EOS/Traction business methodologies is a plus
- Experience with call tracking / ticket management system, Autotask preferred
- Basic Financial Literacy required
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Preferred, but not required:
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and/or COBIT
- Help Desk Institute (HDI)
- Technical certifications (MSCE, MCP, MOS, CCNA, CCDA, CISSP, etc.)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Project Manager (CPM)