TangoAlpha3 is actively recruiting candidates to fulfill a critical role in the support of Defense Health Agency’s (DHA) LAN/WAN environment at Fort Drum, NY at Guthrie Ambulatory Health Care Clinic.
About this government customer: DHA is a joint, integrated Combat Support Agency that enables the Army, Navy, and Air Force medical services to provide a medically ready force and ready medical force to Combatant Commands in both peacetime and wartime.
About this contract & TangoAlpha3: A five-year contract (with options that run through 2024) has recently been awarded to SBD Alliant. TangoAlpha3 is both a subcontractor & strategic partner as it relates to the recruiting/staffing of this program which currently supports approximately 80 MTF's (Medical Treatment Facilities) across the globe (current and possible future sites can be found be clicking this link).
What are we looking for in a candidate?
● A combination of experience and education that meets the minimum requirements as highlighted in the Contractual Qualifications section below.
● Active Secret or Public Trust Clearance
● An active IAT Level II certification (or above) + Computing Environment (CE) certification
o IAT Level II certification must be active to start; CE certification must be achieved within 6 months of start date
o CCNA universally accepted as the CE certification, but other certifications (Ruckus, Brocade, etc.) acceptable depending upon the specific site
● Desire to provide network support for one of the world’s largest healthcare enterprises
Contractual Qualifications for Network Specialist
● Ensure that the LAN/WAN is capable of providing required services by supporting the network infrastructure through the use of troubleshooting and problem resolution in a production environment
● Provide daily operational support for LAN/WAN networks, including firewalls
● Plan, install and support hardware and software upgrades
● Resolve technical issues associated with network and routing protocols at all levels of the OSI model through the use of diagnostics and network administration tools such as Hewlett Packard (HP) OpenView, Cisco Works and Tivoli
● Understand Management Information Blocks (MIB) and MRTG to measure, plan and execute methodologies to ensure high performance levels and minimum downtime
● Responsible for maintaining LAN/WAN barrier systems to prevent unauthorized access to MTF systems
● Use diagnostic utilities to identify and isolate problems encountered on different mediums and network protocols, gather latency statistics and find specific network bottlenecks, evaluate problems and implement fix actions through device reconfiguration or replacement depending on the circumstances
● Must address issues related to synchronous and asynchronous communications, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, FDDI, ATM, ISDN, microwave and satellite communications
● Must be familiar with Cisco firewalls, Cisco, Alcatel, Hewlett-Packard, Nortel and NetScreen VPN devices and IDSs
● Must have a clear understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP, SHTTP, SMTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, EIGRP, OSPF, PPP, HDLC, V.35, RS-449 and knowledge of the 803.2, 802.3, 802.5, 802.10, 802.11, 802.3u and 802.3z communications, EIA/TIA cable standards and Internet standards
● Possess experience in routed, switched and shared LAN environments that operate Novell Netware, Microsoft Windows NT/2000/2003/XP/Active Directory, UNIX and OpenVMS and employ various routers switches, hubs and terminal servers as well as various local and long-haul ISDN,256 Kbps through T1-T3, satellite and ATM WAN connectivity that employs Codex and pair gain CSU/DSUs
● Expertise in Windows networks, Cisco Systems and HP OpenView desired
● Must have strong oral and written communications skills to effectively present information to a broad audience of Government officials, medical professionals, and highly specialized technical personnel
● Compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) Directive 8570.01 “Information Assurance Training, Certification, and Workforce Management” is required
● Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or equivalent certification, per DoD 8570.01-M, "Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program" (most recent version) is required
● Required experience with various OTDR, cable testers, network sniffers
● An Automated Data Processing (ADP) sensitivity level II determination is required for this position
EDUCATION: (One of the following three (3) options is required):
● Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as computer sciences, AND three (3) years related experience
● Successful completion of a certification program at a technical or vocational school, AND eight (8) years related experience
● Comparable Department of Defense technical training, AND eight (8) years of directly related, progressively complex experience
Any degree or non-Department of Defense certification must be from a college, university, technical or vocational school that has obtained accreditation by a regionally or nationally recognized accrediting agency (i.e., North Central Association of Colleges and Schools - The Higher Learning Commission; Southern Association of Colleges and Schools - Commission on Colleges; Middle States Commission on Higher Education).
This position must also meet the qualifications of the Alliant Network Specialist Journeyman. Journeymen possess and apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
● Provide technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations
● Design, build, and implement network systems
● Direct compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance
● Troubleshoot network performance issues
● Analyze network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions
● Monitor and respond to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems
● Interface with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance
● Manage the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems
● Perform system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications
● Plan large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies
● Perform a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation
● Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems
● Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable