With a global presence, our client is looking to hire a Trainee Horticultural Manager for their Mediterranean Area (MA) office in Larnaca. As a global organization, they operate in over 150 countries and territories. With a workforce of over 220 staff, the Mediterranean Area (MA) has responsibility for sites in 33 countries around the Mediterranean Basin from Northern Italy to Sudan and from temperate to arid zone desert climates.
This is a trainee management post and the successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplined team. The management trained position will provide you with employment to gain practical experience and an understanding of the horticultural operations within a global player. The role is designed for individuals desiring a professional career at a senior level in horticulture. You should enjoy physical activities and be prepared for working outdoors through the seasons within MA
Initially supporting and assisting the Regional Managers you will have responsibility for:
- the execution and co-ordination of horticultural maintenance and renovation work within the region
- ensuring the sustainable management of the company's historic estate with a conservation-based approach.
- the implementation of organizational policy, including approved working practices, health and safety procedures, people management, environmental and company policies relating to conduct and behavior.
The transition period from trainee to Horticultural Manager will be 2 years.
- Degree/qualification in landscape architecture or recognized horticulture/land-based industry or 2 years of experience in a supervisory role in one of these fields
- High level of written and spoken English language, other languages are desirable particularly Arabic/Italian/French
- Great communication skills are essential
- A dynamic approach to delivering great results in a sometimes politically challenging region where cultural awareness and sensitivity are essential.
- Microsoft Office including outlook
- Knowledge of Health and Safety best practices is desirable
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Full and clean driving license
- Must have the right to live and work in Cyprus and travel within MA
What our client offers:
- Competitive market salary
- 23 days annual leave (increased up to 30 days with length of service)
- Paid public holidays, plus a paid office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Provident Fund 10% Employer Contribution
- Private Medical Health Cover
- Training and Development
- Professional subscriptions where relevant