Under the general direction of the IT Director, the Production Accounting Supervisor is responsible for the timely, accurate accounting and reporting of the Company’s oil and gas activities. Requires a strong knowledge of oil, gas and water production and thermal recovery allocation methodologies, as well as, federal and state regulatory reporting requirements. Individual must demonstrate a strong ability to supervise departmental activities, solve complex problems, and influence the accomplishments of team members. The ability to communicate clearly with internal and external parties and maintain a focus on continuous improvement is critical to continued success.
• Preparing production allocations to be used by the revenue group for revenue distributions
• Preparing production reports for engineering
• Review and analyze production allocations for reasonableness and accuracy
• Set up new wells with correct hierarchy for reporting purposes
• Validates and supervises the submitting of regulatory filings related to production data
• Building standardized production accounting processes
• Assisting with the integration of acquisitions as it relates to production accounting
• Maintaining production accounting systems
• Supervising a staff of three (or more) production accountants/Specialists
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the IT Director
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field. Oil and Gas Production
· Accounting Experience with an Associates of Arts in one of the above disciplines may qualify based on time and experience.
· Minimum 10 to 15 years accounting experience in oil and gas industry is expected.
· Strong attention to detail is required with a high degree of accuracy
· Experience in Production Accounting Allocation processes for Thermal Recovery, as well as Oil and Gas production is expected.
· Regulatory Agency Production reporting for either California or Louisiana is needed.
· Ability to understand complicated allocation processes
· Ability to demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills
· Knowledge of Production Accounting systems.
· Ability to multi-task and work in a growing team environment
· Must be able to supervise staff. Strong leadership skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Some Database Experience with Microsoft Access and SQL is needed.
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work