Job Developer and Career Specialist
At CrossPurpose, we believe in being all-in, putting down deep roots in a community, and loving neighbors even when it costs us. We believe in telling people the truth, even when it hurts. These are just some of our values, and we take them very seriously. CrossPurpose is a faith-based organization, affiliated with Providence Bible Church, and we believe that the nonprofit organization, working in tandem with the local church, most fully reflects God’s kingdom. As an employee of CrossPurpose, you will be joining a Christian community on mission to abolish all forms of poverty in northeast Denver. If you are just interested in a job, this opportunity is not for you. If you are looking for a way to live out your purpose, read on.
We actively strive for diversity in our workforce. To learn more about who we are and what we do, check out www.crosspurpose.org
Chief Program Officer
The Job Developer and Career Specialist will identify, develop and maintain working relationships with employers, industry organizations, and public agencies to source job openings and secure employment and vocational training opportunities for program participants (Leaders). This position will also support the CrossPurpose career coaches, who work directly with Leaders, as the coaches evaluate each Leader’s background, skills, and interests and match them to potential job openings or training programs.
Specific Job Responsibilities
● Employer Pipeline Creation and Maintenance
● Program Support Employer Pipeline Creation and Maintenance Responsibilities
● Maintain relationships with existing employer partners and staffing agencies, and identify and develop relationships with new employer partners and staffing agencies to develop employment opportunities for Leaders.
● Identify specific job openings by contacting employers and collecting information detailing qualifications and work site requirements to ensure success on the job.
● Conduct reviews with employer and staffing agency partners on a regular basis to evaluate employer hiring opportunities and determine how best to improve and/or leverage relationship to meet placement objectives.
● Identify and develop a strategic sourcing plan that serves both the employers’ hiring and CrossPurpose’s placement needs.
● Market CrossPurpose’s programs and schedule daily prospecting/cold calls and face-to-face meetings with employers.
● Solicit feedback from employers about newly hired Leaders to identify any issues or concerns, and develop additional employment opportunities.
● Achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual placement goals.
● Document, consistently, accurately and in real time, all employer contacts, activities and outcomes into CrossPurpose’s computerized case management system (Salesforce). Program Support Responsibilities
● Continuously work with Program Directors to review and identify employment needs for Leaders to meet program graduation goals.
● Collect data from employers related to job opportunities, including job requirements and skills, and collaborate with CrossPurpose career coaches to match job skills with Leader qualifications.
● Network and research the Internet, newspapers, agencies and other resources for job leads and maintain an updated job board for Leaders.
● Understand and keep updated on local labor market trends and employment opportunities in both the private and public sectors in the Denver metropolitan area.
● Keep updated regarding job fairs and Internet resources and participate in outreach and recruitment activities by attending job fairs.
● Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities that will be assigned from time to time. Qualifications and Skills
● Minimum 2 years of experience in an inside or outside sales or job development function, including account management experience
● Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle and proposing, presenting and discussing a proposal with decision-makers
● Successful track record of achieving and exceeding sales/prospecting quotas on a regular basis
● Ability to effectively network with others and influence them to change position and/or to convince them to hire Leaders with potential employment barriers
● Ability to anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them as well as evaluate and implement alternative courses of action
● Strong organizational skills
● Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences
● Team player who can collaborate with program staff who are working directly with Leaders
● Strong commitment to Christian faith
● Strong analytical thinking
Compensation and Benefits Salary
$50,000 annual salary. Vacation: 10 days + most national and Christian holidays, plus week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.