Reports to: Principles
This position works in many areas of development including, but not limited to Planning, Resource Allocation, Staff Management, Setting Benchmarks, and Budget Management. This position is responsible for overseeing a building project from start to finish. The successful candidate will lead and supervise all aspects of projects from preconstruction to close-out.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Safety – Ensure the projects are always operating in a safe manner. Be proactive to avoid any unsafe conditions to prevent accidents from happening.
- Estimates – Accurately record take-off quantities and are proficient with a schematic to GMP estimate.
- Review shop drawings and submittals. Ensure they meet construction drawing and specification requirements.
- Coordinate all submittals with proper installation requirements.
- Keep all drawings and specifications up to date and posted on Procore for subcontractors and all parties involved, including sketches, RFI’s, etc.
- Schedules – Develop a 6 to 8 week look ahead schedule that can be refined and broken out in the Superintendents schedule. Assist the Superintendents with their 3 to 4 week look ahead schedule. Develop project schedules from bidding to closeout. Have the ability to CPM schedule.
- Keep subcontractors on track and on time – reach out to subcontractors to make them aware of when they need to be onsite and confirming their delivery timeframes for materials
- Manage cost controls
- Quality Control – Develop punch lists prior to subcontractors completing their work and leave the project to ensure the work is per drawings and specifications and done in a good workmanship manner.
- Continuous communication with subcontractors, superintendents regarding schedules as well as any critical issues that need to be resolved. • To maintain a positive attitude, bringing the team closer together to accomplish the work.
- Write contracts for Subcontracts buy-out projects.
- Work collaboratively with the design team, owner, and subcontractors.
- Assistant Project Managers, Superintendents, sometimes other team members
- BS or Associates Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or relevant experience
- 5 to 10 years in a lead role on projects valued at $1 to $40 million
- Ability to estimate from schematic design through construction documents
- MEP knowledge & experience a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with HH2 and On-Screen Take-off software preferred
- Proficient with ProCore
- Ability to analyze and revise internal processes to improve efficiency
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
About H.P. Cummings:
H.P. Cummings is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. H.P. Cummings and the Source and Recruit Companies do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.