Job Title: Director of Project Management Office (PMO) - IT Infrastructure
*Minimum of 10 years of management experience in Information Technology Infrastructure projects (not software development)*
Reports to: CIO
Location: Stamford, CT
*Note: We are Axiom Technology Group at www.thinkAXIOM.com
A Director of PMO leads and oversees the Project Management Office to ensure all projects meet Axiom’s requirements and goals. An Axiom Director of PMO should have superior communication, collaboration and organizational skills. Having the ability to manage the expectations of senior-level stakeholders and lead teams of all sizes.
With a strong background in IT infrastructure, the Director of PMO implements policies and controls, leads project management staff, and works with senior management to provide strategic and tactical advice on program/project planning.
· Directs, establishes, and develops the role of the Project Management Office (PMO)
· Create criteria and templates to establish project standards and controls
· Assigning projects to PMO staff and monitoring progress
· Oversees and documents PMO business processes and internal controls, including those performed by other entities in support of the PMO. Makes applicable recommendations for improved processes and controls and assists with implementing and institutionalizing related policies, and procedures.
· Tracks and reports on metrics for all IT projects throughout the organization and maintains centralized accountability for management of IT project portfolio.
· Works with senior management to provide strategic and tactical advice on program/project planning, and execution.
· Creates and maintains project plans that communicate tasks, milestone dates, resources, and project status.
· Oversees the lifecycle stages of multiple projects, including conceptualization, planning, contract execution and termination.
· Sets priorities and plans; assigns, trains, and supervises the work of subordinates.
· Drives the maturity of the PMO as appropriate to promote standards of excellence.
· Assists in building a high performing organization by implementing strong hiring, talent management and succession planning practices. Support the recruiting, coaching and development of PMO staff. Utilizes capacity modeling strategies to effectively adjust staffing relative to volumes.
· Participate in training and orientation updates
· Additional tasks to be assigned by manager as needed
· Nominal Travel – Typically 2- 5 days per month
Project Managers and Project Manager Contractors
· Demonstrated ability to partner with and lead technology vendors and client-side technology stakeholders
· Fluent in multiple project management methodologies
· Superior verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent collaboration skills
· Fantastic presentation skills; able to present ideas to internal/external teams, with a strong focus on client presentations
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Previous experience managing multiple direct reports
· Demonstrated ability to lead teams of all shapes and sizes
· Manage the expectations of senior level stakeholders
· Ability to work on site at client locations with respect to client’s work environment & staff
· Must be able to work with a wide set of subject matter experts to design and implement complex IT environments for small to mid-market companies
· Capable of maintaining a calm cool composure even when navigating challenging situations and frustrated clients
Technical Skills (a conceptual understanding of)
· Office 365
· Windows Server 2003 - 2019
· MS Exchange 2003 – 2013 (hosted or local)
· TCP/IP and any Cisco hardware
· Network environments (Wired and Wireless)
· Server infrastructure, SAN topology
· Fluent with various backup technologies & strategies
· SQL, Citrix, SharePoint, and Cisco Meraki experience a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 10 years of management experience in Information Technology projects (not software development)
Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or Computer Science, Information Technology or similar mandatory
Client facing experience with Managed Services, IT Integration and/or Consulting experience a plus
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Preferred: PMP, Six Sigma, PMI-ACP, ACI-Lean, ACI-Kanban, IAPM
Required: Valid Driver’s License