Please Apply At This Link: https://loxo.co/job/252403
We believe in being all-in, putting down deep roots in a community, and loving neighbors even when it costs us. We believe that diversity is not just beautiful, it is necessary. We believe in telling people the truth, even when it hurts. These are just some of our values, and we take them very seriously. We are a faith-based organization, affiliated with a Bible Church here in Denver, and we believe that the nonprofit organization, working in tandem with the local church, most fully reflects God’s kingdom. As an employee, you will be joining a Christian community on mission to abolish all forms of poverty in northeast Denver. If you are just interested in a job, this opportunity is not for you. If you are looking for a way to live out your purpose, read on. We actively strive for diversity in our workforce.
Employee Title: Program Director
General Job Responsibility: The Program Director is responsible for leading one of two program teams. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations and all aspects of the program team and cohort. He or she is accountable to achieve the team’s annual career and community development goals and objectives. Major Areas of Responsibility
● Program Operations
● Performance Management
● Staff Training & Professional Development
● Personal Development Training/Classroom
● Skill Development & Career Launch Oversight
Program Operations Responsibilities:
● Align staff and other resources to most efficiently and effectively achieve the team’s programmatic objectives.
● Ensure that all program activities operate consistently within the mission and values of CrossPurpose.
● Conduct all program participant firing conversations.
● Work closely with centralized departments to ensure effective programmatic coordination and communications between their team and those departments.
Performance Management Responsibilities
● Maintain a culture of performance management and continuous improvement, helping staff focus on both their individual responsibilities as well as the team’s and the organization’s overall goals.
● Coordinate and analyze the appropriate data to inform the programmatic and operational decision-making process.
● Use the existing Salesforce CRM platform to increase the program efficiency, transparency, and collaborative efforts among teams and departments.
● Determine staffing plans for their team to achieve program goals and objectives and participate in hiring decisions for new program staff.
● Maintain and improve performance and outcome measures for skill development, employment, retention and graduation rates, and other measures that are core to the mission.
● Analyze and assess program aspects based on data collected and implement corrective measures if required.
● Lead Candidate Review meetings to ensure all accepted program participants meet the program participation requirements.
Staff Training & Professional Development Responsibilities
● Meet with team members regularly to provide coaching, feedback, accountability, support, training, and direction to achieve program goals.
● Work in conjunction with Human Resources to develop and retain highly qualified staff.
● Lead and build the capabilities of a diverse, talented, and successful team. Personal Development Training/Classroom Responsibilities
● Work with the Program Team to create a welcoming and safe environment for program participants.
●Exemplify and hold program participants accountable to meet program values.
● Help the Program Team to manage classroom needs.
● Prepare and coordinate engaging, motivating, and comprehensive soft skills related lessons during Personal Development and Family Gatherings (communication, business skills, Pairin lessons, basic computer skill classes, etc).
● Actively engage with program participants to understand their backgrounds and experiences in order to support an equitable and inclusive classroom environment.
Skill Development & Career Launch Oversight Responsibilities:
● Equip program team to implement Skill Development and Career Launch (job search) systems and structures.
● Responsible for creating a positive learning environment for all program participants.
● Plan for and deliver academic and job search supports to all program participants as needed. Qualifications
● A deep level of knowledge and understanding of the complexity of poverty and a familiarity working with issues of poverty
● 3+ years of supervision and management experience required, preferably in a complex multi-program environment; related Master’s degree a plus
● 5+ years of cross-cultural leadership experience
● Teaching experience in a diverse context
● Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences
● Strong attention to detail, high standards, initiative, and follow through
● Proven ability to motivate others and solve problems
● Team player who is willing to help other staff team members when needed
● Must be able to work creatively within a budget and use innovation to find ways of more effectively managing resources
● Strong commitment to Christian faith.
● Action Oriented – Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
● Values Differences – Recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization; is sensitive to socio-economic and cultural norms, expectations, and ways of communicating.
● Instills Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
● Situational Adaptability – Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
● Decision Quality – Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
● Ensures Accountability – Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
● Manages Conflict – Handles conflict situations effectively.
● Drives Engagement – Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
● Innovative – Capable of creating or seizing opportunities to improve service effectiveness.
● Business Literate – Understands financial reports, applies data to assess program effectiveness and efficiency and acts in a fiscally responsible manner.
● Politically astute and tactful – Attentive to the perspectives and competing interests of various internal and external stakeholders.
Compensation and Benefits Salary: $55,000 Vacation: 10 days, plus the week between Christmas and New Years
Please Apply at This Link: https://loxo.co/job/252403