Main purpose of the role
To manage a portfolio of business in excess of £220k and identify opportunities to cross-sell products from a portfolio of specialist cover.
Building relationships to provide expert knowledge, advice, and service to clients and become an extension of their management team.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Continue to provide high levels of service to clients resulting in continued high levels of client retention.
- Be the initial point of contact for your clients, proactively calling clients to ensure a smooth renewal process.
- Ensure client relationships are nurtured throughout the client lifecycle, with an emphasis on understanding the needs of the client and the risks they face.
- Conduct gap analysis on existing insurance programmes and identify opportunities to cross-sell specialist covers.
- Represent clients to the market in a professional and diligent manner by producing quality risk presentations.
- Maintain systems and records to the highest possible standards, in accordance with compliance guidelines.
- Prepare and issue all client documentation to the client in accordance with compliance guidelines.
- Maintain strong working relationships with our partner insurers.
- Work with underwriters and insurers to negotiate the best possible terms for clients at new business, renewal, and in the event of a claim.
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders both internally (managers, other departments) and externally (professional services, insurers, suppliers).
- Continual Professional Development to maintain market leading knowledge.
- Operate within the published policies and procedures of the company.
- Participate in a weekly Sales Team Meeting with the Sales Manager to discuss team performance, pipeline activity, weekly progress reports and KPIs.
- Monthly 1:2:1 with the Sales Manager to discuss individual performance, KPIs, personal and professional development and targets.
- Outstanding customer service skills with demonstrable experience of nurturing client relationships.
- Confident in speaking to clients to manage their insurance program.
- Administrative and time management skills to deal with a high volume of work.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An active listener who attends to the client’s needs.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage a busy workload, ensuring client queries are met in a timely manner.
- Detail orientated with the ability to critically analyse documents.
Knowledge & Experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a commercial insurance role.
- A minimum insurance qualification of Cert CII (or working towards).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the UK General Insurance industry having previously worked within a growth orientated commercial insurance business.
- Experience of managing a portfolio of business.
- Previous experience using Acturis for sales administration and renewals.
- An awareness of key market trends, people of influence and emerging risks.