Account Executive - £32k - £40k (depending on experience) + Bonus + Bens
Due to the continued success of the business, our client is looking to hire account executives or account managers with experience in selling general insurance products, commercial insurance preferably. With multiple hires being made, this is a great time to join a fast-growing business with excellent scope for personal career progression.
- Proactively seek and acquire new clients to expand the commercial book of business.
- Nurture a pipeline of quality prospects using a marketing led approach.
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell products from a portfolio of specialist cover.
- Provide expert knowledge, advice, and service to your clients, becoming an extension of their management team
- Generate and nurture leads through to completion, ensuring that agreed income targets are met.
- Service and renew a client account to agreed expectations and targets.
- Proactively manage an existing pipeline of leads, working closely with the marketing and telemarketing team.
- Ensure client relationships are nurtured throughout the client lifecycle, with an emphasis on understanding the needs of the client and the risks they face.
- Proactively manage pipelines, identifying new business opportunities.
- Conduct comprehensive insurance programme reviews with new and existing clients, either by telephone or face-to-face, ensuring all demands and needs are recorded and met.
- Conduct gap analysis on existing insurance programmes and identify opportunities to cross-sell specialist covers.
- Represent clients to the market in a professional and diligent manner by producing quality risk presentations.
- Maintain systems and records to the highest possible standards, in accordance with compliance guidelines.
- Prepare and issue all client documentation to clients in accordance with compliance guidelines.
- Maintain strong working relationships with our partner insurers.
- Work with underwriters and insurers to negotiate the best possible terms for clients at new business, renewal, and in the event of a claim.
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders both internally (managers, other departments) and externally (professional services, insurers, suppliers).
Skills & Experience:
- Energetic, highly motivated with a determination to succeed.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An active listener who attends to the client’s needs.
- Entrepreneurial attitude that is excited about the growth of an independent insurance broker.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, effectively managing relationships across teams, departments and with third party contacts.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage a busy workload, ensuring requests for support are met in a timely manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to think “outside of the box”.
- Detail orientated with the ability to critically analyse documents.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a commercial insurance role.
- Proven track record of working within a sales environment, generating new business, and working towards income targets.
- Delivering results to tight deadlines.
- A minimum insurance qualification of Cert CII (or working towards).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the UK General Insurance industry having previously worked within a growth orientated commercial insurance business.
- Experience of managing and growing a portfolio of business.
- Previous experience using Acturis for sales administration and renewals.
- Relationship building skills within the insurance market and wider business community.
- An awareness of key market trends, people of influence and emerging risks.