FINANCIAL CONTROLLER (Non-Profit)
Exciting opportunity for Financial Controller of this elite nonprofit focusing on scientific research. If you are a multi-project oriented, analytical accounting professional, excited by chance to work with innovative minds in an evolving environment, apply now!
- Generate timely and reliable monthly, quarterly, and annual management reports and financial statements.
- Prepare reports for those responsible for the management of cost centers and grants/programs, providing interpretation of financial results as needed.
- Oversee and facilitate the management of grants, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Assist with funding agency compliance reports and adhering to governmental and non-profit standards and guidelines in conjunction with FASB, GAAP, and OMB.
- Make journal entries and post transactions including cash receipts, cash disbursements, financial statement adjustments, and investments, and assists in maintaining the fund accounting system.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to underlying detail.
- Assist in the annual financial statement audit, preparation of Form 990, annual ERISA and retirement plan audits, and the indirect cost rate proposal.
- Train and manage accounting support staff and provide for the Finance Office backup of accounts payable, payroll, and financial management functions.
- 10+ years of progressive experience with nonprofit accounting.
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting principles and applications, experience in non-profit accounting including monthly and annual audit cycles, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance and reporting.
- Strong general ledger orientation in fund accounting environment. Fluent user of Blackbaud Financial Edge preferred.
- Possess the ability to think critically and solve problems as well as having excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work on site in Santa Fe.
- Excited and able to work in an evolving, growing organization and embrace employing new technical solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with five years of relevant experience preferred. CPA preferred.
Type of Employment
- Typically Monday – Friday, 8-5
- Salary $90-105K DOE + Generous Benefits
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Generous paid time off includes 4 weeks' paid vacation, 12 days' sick leave, 10 paid holidays
- Catered lunches available daily for a minimal cost