On behalf of our client, a ship management company based in Limassol, we are seeking a highly motivated Technical Superintendent (with experience in Bulk carriers)
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Technical Manager and will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring the safe operation of ships allocated to their operation - around 8 Bulk Carriers;
- Implementing and monitoring compliance with the Company’s Management System relevant to the shipboard and departmental activities;
- Monitor performance, technical and operational conditions of ships allocated;
- Ensuring prudent financial management;
- Arranging for repairs and dry dockings;
- Ensuring that the ships are fully certified according to international standards and requirements;
- Preparing technical reports to owners in compliance with the management agreement;
- Encouraging and developing a strong safety culture and environmental awareness on board the ships
- Providing support to the shipboard management in respect of technical and operational matters.
- Extensive travel to various sites
- A marine degree from a university, with a minimum of three (3) years experience on board ships or in the shipping industry, or holding a Chiefs Engineer’s license with a minimum of two (2) years sea service as a Chief Engineer, or having been in a position of Technical Superintendent with another shipping company for a minimum of 3 years;
- Good leadership and communication skills, as well the ability to work within a team;
- Good command of the English language;
- Good knowledge of the marine industry and applicable Rules and Regulations;
- Knowledge about purchasing and budget cost control.
The company offers an attractive remuneration package according to qualifications and experience.