This nonprofit devoted to the success of children is looking for an HR Manager. The HR manager coordinates hiring activities, manage benefits and is also responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll for approximately 50 employees. Ensuring prompt, courteous service to all staff in their requests for support is a top priority for this position. This is an opportunity to work with a strong, effective team within a healthy, thriving nonprofit that truly makes a positive impact in the community.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate recruiting activities including staffing logistics, employee recruitment, coordinate interviews, candidate communication, new hire orientation, and training.
- Create and update job descriptions to ensure that all major work duties and qualifications are accurate
- Coordinate background clearance process for all staff and volunteers; track clearances and notify program staff when received
- Maintain employee benefits (enrollments, terminations, changes) and other HR reporting requirements; deliver mandatory documents to all required employees
- Research HR issues to document compliance with applicable laws and policies; provide research findings and recommendations in response to emergent HR issues; stay current with changing employer responsibilities.
- Assist with evaluation processes as needed and provide support for employee performance, discipline, and termination issues including unemployment claims; prepare exit paperwork for terminations
- Monitor and provide support regarding employee safety and wellness issues, including Workers Comp claims and annual payroll audit
- Manage payroll including, obtaining timecard approval, process garnishments, vacation time, insurance and 403(b) deductions. Process and close bi-weekly payrolls
· 3+ years of HR administration or support, preferably in a non-profit environment
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
· Previous payroll experience using QuickBooks software required
- Ability to research HR best-practices and legal requirements using mainstream resources such as SHRM, NM Dept. of Workforce Solutions, US Dept. of Labor, etc., and formulate policy recommendations for management use
- Experience working well in a culturally diverse setting and knowledge of local population served
· Ability to pass a mandatory background clearance required of all childcare workers in the State of New Mexico
Monday – Friday 8-5
Attendance for some events required
Type of Employment
$50-60K DOE + Benefits